Bullnose Forums

Lost all vent controls???

If you do, good luck not cracking the dash... I'm not convinced that this method will work without it (or removing more dash panel anchors). To do what I did, you'll have to remove (in addition to the fasteners in the procedure linked above) the dash pad, the dash anchor bolt by the passenger bottom corner of the windshield, the two dash panel anchor screws above the radio/clock bezel (attaches to the AM speaker bracket), and the AM speaker if equipped. There also is a single screw from the top that holds the two duct sections together that will also need removed. Flex the dash panel forward, and the duct should swing out of the way. Not a fun process, but it gives so much better access to the door. This also allows one to do a functional test before final reassembly.

I've been close to that point several times of late. I've had the dash pad off enough times to be able to count the screws in my head. As well as the speaker bracket. And while I was there I checked the tightness of the dash anchors screws.

So it isn't that big of a deal compared with what I went through the way I did it. And, as you say, it allows for testing.