Bullnose Forums

Protection and convenience wiring

So the switch tests good.

The wiring I replaced is the tan/white wire from fuse 4 to post A in the switch as well as the lg/y wire from fuse 8 to post D1 on the switch.

In the EVTM, it shows two lg/y wires coming from post D1, one to the fuse block and the other to splice 1103. In the wiring diagram, it shows 5 wires at that splice, whilst mine has 6. I have checked and I have continuity to the 5 components shown in the diagram. Wondering what the extra wire goes to.

Fuse 8 will either blow immediately or close the circuit for a second or two, causing the warning buzzer to turn on, and then blows. When I jump the fuse, the buzzer turns on as well as the dome lights, however the circuit begins to get quite hot.

I have not had a blown fuse 4 yet.

Found the answer to the splice count being wrong-

In the EVTM they show two wires joining at the headlight switch but they don't. A wire goes directly from the fuse to the splice. Then from the splice a single wire goes to the headlight switch.

Oh, what about the dash illumination lights? Are they still not working?

Dash lights are back! That connection to the fuse was the issue it seems. Radio still does not have constant so the clock reads noon when you start the truck up but the stock clock is functioning properly now so its not a big deal at the moment.

Driving down to Salt Lake and then the LA area so as long as the radio keeps playing I'm happy haha.

Found the answer to the splice count being wrong-

In the EVTM they show two wires joining at the headlight switch but they don't. A wire goes directly from the fuse to the splice. Then from the splice a single wire goes to the headlight switch.

ahhhhh this is good to know! thank you! I already have the dash back together at the moment, but if memory serves me correct, that is how I ended up wiring it. Left the extra wire disconnected and taped it of so it won't short out.

Dash lights are back! That connection to the fuse was the issue it seems. Radio still does not have constant so the clock reads noon when you start the truck up but the stock clock is functioning properly now so its not a big deal at the moment.

Driving down to Salt Lake and then the LA area so as long as the radio keeps playing I'm happy haha.

Congrat's!!!

That's great news! :nabble_anim_jump:

Is your radio stock, or did someone miswire it?

(Not sure where you were saying the radio only works in 'run' and not 'accy' went?)

Radio is wired by yours truly after the previous owner had wired in an aftermarket. I put in new speakers and head unit so I was unsure about it from the start can I didnt convert it from the stock harness.

Radio still does not have constant so the clock reads noon when you start the truck up but the stock clock is functioning properly now so it's not a big deal at the moment.

Radio is wired by yours truly after the previous owner had wired in an aftermarket. I put in new speakers and head unit so I was unsure about it from the start can I didnt convert it from the stock harness.

Radio still does not have constant so the clock reads noon when you start the truck up but the stock clock is functioning properly now so it's not a big deal at the moment.

Have fun on the trip, and be safe!

Yes - enjoy the trip.

The factory electronic radio has the constant 12v and the trigger/key on 12v. Maybe you only tied into the latter.

We can take a look at those diagrams when ready.