Bullnose Forums

shock absorbers GABRIEL 77461

No experience but the length would be a concern as the 4wd's sit higher.

If you compare the specs on 77461 to G63406 you'll see the differences in travel, extended, and collapsed.

I would go by the site recommendations myself if your truck has the stock stance.

No experience but the length would be a concern as the 4wd's sit higher.

If you compare the specs on 77461 to G63406 you'll see the differences in travel, extended, and collapsed.

I would go by the site recommendations myself if your truck has the stock stance.

Thanks Scott,

Do I have to use the same types of shock absorbers for the front and rear or can I use the Gabriel Max Control at the front and the Ultra for the rear?

Thanks

Michael

Thanks Scott,

Do I have to use the same types of shock absorbers for the front and rear or can I use the Gabriel Max Control at the front and the Ultra for the rear?

Thanks

Michael

No, you don't have to use the same front/rear. Just looked at their site again as I didn't realize they don't show Max Control for both front/rear for either 4WD or RWD. Seems odd as most would be inclined to having both pairs match (even if not required).

I'd give them a call. Maybe their site is wrong or they have some explanation for it.

I cant speak for that model on your truck but I do run Gabriel shocks front and rear on my F150 how ever.

Last Gabriels I had were OEM on the 1966 Shelby GT350s. I am using Monroe on Darth as (a) lifetime warranty and (b) Since I had Tenneco stock from when they owned NNS I do try to buy from companies I own a small piece of.

I did find, when my Sears RoadHandler Performance LT Gas rear shocks wore out (also lifetime) that Monroe, who made them for Sears, had several different options, SRW, DRW, then 2WD and 4WD versions. They were replaced with new Monroe shocks obtained from Advance Auto.

Last Gabriels I had were OEM on the 1966 Shelby GT350s. I am using Monroe on Darth as (a) lifetime warranty and (b) Since I had Tenneco stock from when they owned NNS I do try to buy from companies I own a small piece of.

I did find, when my Sears RoadHandler Performance LT Gas rear shocks wore out (also lifetime) that Monroe, who made them for Sears, had several different options, SRW, DRW, then 2WD and 4WD versions. They were replaced with new Monroe shocks obtained from Advance Auto.

Thanks everyone for the quick feedback and support. I'll try to call Gabriel to sort this out, but I think the easiest way is to buy two different Gabriel shock absorbers (front and rear)

The Monroe Lifetime Guarantee is very tempting but cannot be implemented from Germany

Michael