Bullnose Forums

LF: 300 inline 6 power steering pump rear bracket spacer dimensions

There are different brackets between the 80-82 and 80-83 AC trucks. The offset is different. My 81 with AC bracket and the 83 AC bracket set from Trent had different steering pump supports, neither one had any little spacers as shown. I’m wondering if the spacers were in place of the AC compressor bracket?

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1981-straight-six-manual-4x4-project-tp1312p9061.html

There are different brackets between the 80-82 and 80-83 AC trucks. The offset is different. My 81 with AC bracket and the 83 AC bracket set from Trent had different steering pump supports, neither one had any little spacers as shown. I’m wondering if the spacers were in place of the AC compressor bracket?

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1981-straight-six-manual-4x4-project-tp1312p9061.html

Jonathan,

I seem to recall discussing this before...and even somebody possibly measuring the spacers, but I can't remember when or where. I think you're right though...the spacers go in place only on a non-AC equipped 300? I happen to be looking straight down at mine the other day and noticed that the pump is crooked, and it looks like the bracket needs to move away from the block. That's why I was asking. I may just use washers for now, but I'll see if I can get it squared up. The engine is a 1986 as far as I know.

Jonathan,

I seem to recall discussing this before...and even somebody possibly measuring the spacers, but I can't remember when or where. I think you're right though...the spacers go in place only on a non-AC equipped 300? I happen to be looking straight down at mine the other day and noticed that the pump is crooked, and it looks like the bracket needs to move away from the block. That's why I was asking. I may just use washers for now, but I'll see if I can get it squared up. The engine is a 1986 as far as I know.

By the way, found this picture in an FTE thread about adding power steering to a truck without. This pic shows the little C-shaped spacers.

brackets_l1600_a27fb40fe63465bfd5258de5661be9e3a7ce5e0b.jpg.7dd3da9d0c326035f9be914dc58a3bc9.jpg