Bullnose Forums

Vent Window Seal

Hey friends, I need to get into my driver's side door to replace my very scratched window. I'll also be replacing the relevant window seals. While I'm there, I thought I'd replace the vent window seal also. Years back I replaced it with one and was not very happy in the way it fit, don't want to repeat that. Advice on quality seals?

Hey John - as we discussed offline, I removed and tossed the Precision ones in a box after finding some NOS ones locally. Fit and function was night and day difference in my experience. The Precision ones made the vents near impossible to open. Maybe, like door seals, they would have adjusted over time but seems like they'd have had to shrink a fair amount - making the exterior gaps worse. You're welcome to them if you want them. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I bought the Fairchild complete kit with door seals and even a rear window seal, and I'm pretty happy with how it all fit in the end. I don't have much to compare it to though as my originals were all rotten and falling apart, and I haven't looked at any others. I don't use my vent window...it has been closed since I installed the seals, but my wife has used the passenger side, and it seemed to work fine.

I bought the Fairchild complete kit with door seals and even a rear window seal, and I'm pretty happy with how it all fit in the end. I don't have much to compare it to though as my originals were all rotten and falling apart, and I haven't looked at any others. I don't use my vent window...it has been closed since I installed the seals, but my wife has used the passenger side, and it seemed to work fine.

Hey thanks, gentlemen! I did some web surfing last night and found owners whom installed the Fairchild seals quite pleased. It looks like NPD sells them and I think I may go that route.

I need to source a driver's side window now and it must be without scratches, as I will be tinting it. LMC sells glass, but wondering what route the rest of you have gone or would take?

Thanks!