Bullnose Forums

XLT badges... you don't see these often

Those are cool! Do you have them already?

By the way, when I clicked on the Reply link to this thread it asked for me to sign it. Tried it again and got the same thing. Signed in and was able to reply.

Hmmm, I'm able to reply without login issues...

Gary I don't have any of these badges. I've come across the Lariat ones, but the one truck that had these at the junkyard was missing the plastic inlay entirely. I don't know that I particularly need them, but they are nice!

Hmmm, I'm able to reply without login issues...

Gary I don't have any of these badges. I've come across the Lariat ones, but the one truck that had these at the junkyard was missing the plastic inlay entirely. I don't know that I particularly need them, but they are nice!

False alarm on the log-in issue. I'm sitting in a Starbucks with really slooooow internet and the iPad was taking forever to load the pics. So I fired up the iPhone as it wasn't logged on to the wifi and things loaded a lot faster. But I may not have replied on the forum for a few days with it, and apparently it is when you reply that it checks. So the phone had timed out and I had to log in, but after that I could post. And the iPad has not asked for a log-in for days as I keep it active.

Anyway, if you are creating an XLT won't you need those badges?

False alarm on the log-in issue. I'm sitting in a Starbucks with really slooooow internet and the iPad was taking forever to load the pics. So I fired up the iPhone as it wasn't logged on to the wifi and things loaded a lot faster. But I may not have replied on the forum for a few days with it, and apparently it is when you reply that it checks. So the phone had timed out and I had to log in, but after that I could post. And the iPad has not asked for a log-in for days as I keep it active.

Anyway, if you are creating an XLT won't you need those badges?

I hadn't really thought about a trim-correct XLT truck Gary. The straight six F150 is getting the rosewood. I refurbished the Ranger XLT nameplate for the radio bezel just because I had either that or the Ranger Lariat one in the 80/81 style. Lariat just sounds so cowboy to me so I picked XLT. I don't really have any other XLT trim to go with it.

I hadn't really thought about a trim-correct XLT truck Gary. The straight six F150 is getting the rosewood. I refurbished the Ranger XLT nameplate for the radio bezel just because I had either that or the Ranger Lariat one in the 80/81 style. Lariat just sounds so cowboy to me so I picked XLT. I don't really have any other XLT trim to go with it.
Oh. I just assumed you were going for a full-on XLT. Sorry. 

I have those nameplates NOS for Dad's truck. They are beautiful!  

But Lariat doesn't scream "cowboy" as much as King Ranch does. Janey spec'd a KR for me in 2015 and I went along with it - until we got to the dealer. We opened the door and saw the saddle-stitching on the seats, closed the door, and bought a Platinum - for less than the KR. 

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017, Ford F834 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

That is funny Gary! And you are right about the price. You would have to have a mighty successful ranch to be able to afford one. I have absolutely nothing against cowboys or ranchers, but it isn't me. At all. Me and cowboy go together about like ketchup and ice cream. I just don't wear it well.

We will see where the "scope creep" (as you so eloquently put it) takes me on the 1981. I know I've put some time into the interior pieces, but everything on this truck so far has actually been pretty low budget. So it's brake calipers and U joints before badges at this point 😉

That is funny Gary! And you are right about the price. You would have to have a mighty successful ranch to be able to afford one. I have absolutely nothing against cowboys or ranchers, but it isn't me. At all. Me and cowboy go together about like ketchup and ice cream. I just don't wear it well. We will see where the "scope creep" (as you so eloquently put it) takes me on the 1981. I know I've put some time into the interior pieces, but everything on this truck so far has actually been pretty low budget. So it's brake calipers and U joints before badges at this point 😉
I do understand that. I'm trying to contain the creep (take that however you want) on Big Blue. 😳

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017, Ford F834 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Someone on Facebook was looking for XLT cab emblems. I posted these links and was told this is probably the tailgate badge:

Gary, notice that rear bumper... are those push bars from Ford?

This page says that badge was used only in 80 & 81: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/name-plates.html.

But those bumper guards look strange. I've never seen any for the rear, and the catalog doesn't list them. Nor does the 1981 Accessories brochure, shown here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1981-accessories.html. (Note the pics of the bed rails on Page 11.)