Bullnose Forums

Looking for info HELP

So I have a 1982 SuperCab but when I bought it there was no back seat. I have the double folding bench up front and would love to redo the back. The problem I’m having I can’t even find pictures of what it looked like. If anyone knows or could tell me a retro year that will fit the back I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

I sincerely wish I could answer that question.

Your front bench is a split folding? is what i am understanding.

I know there may be many differences between models and such, but i could offer you a picture of my single cab, folding bench. Red cloth, the sort of plaid and vinyl material. Very certain it is Factory original.

Not very well versed in the blue oval brand in general, nor the models, trims and nuances of the trucks.

Best of Luck

Ry

80-86 will swap without any mods and I believe up to 91 is the same.

92-96 should also swap but there are some differences in the latching and possibly other things I am not aware of

Earlier (73+) look similar but haven't paid much attention to how they attach nor their measurements.

I would stick with 80-86 as those are guaranteed. The only difference in those will be the pattern on the seat back (metal side).

80-86 will swap without any mods and I believe up to 91 is the same.

92-96 should also swap but there are some differences in the latching and possibly other things I am not aware of

Earlier (73+) look similar but haven't paid much attention to how they attach nor their measurements.

I would stick with 80-86 as those are guaranteed. The only difference in those will be the pattern on the seat back (metal side).

I can take photos of mine (heading out there later this evening) if needed.

Worth noting that some of these trucks, though not many that I've seen, came with two rear fold up launch type seats that face the center.

Photo from here that shows the latch and most of the seat:

jimmy-truck-24.jpg.59a665d355308ef23d410d84170e97ba.jpg

I can take photos of mine (heading out there later this evening) if needed.

Worth noting that some of these trucks, though not many that I've seen, came with two rear fold up launch type seats that face the center.

Photo from here that shows the latch and most of the seat:

Mine has a raised floor in the back, so I’m wondering if mine had the side flip down (jump style) seats originally?

Mine has a raised floor in the back, so I’m wondering if mine had the side flip down (jump style) seats originally?

'Jump' -that's the word I was looking for :nabble_smiley_beam:

From what I've read the floor pan is the same - just a difference in holes and existence of the latch.

Do you have the latch on the passenger side back panel?

'Jump' -that's the word I was looking for :nabble_smiley_beam:

From what I've read the floor pan is the same - just a difference in holes and existence of the latch.

Do you have the latch on the passenger side back panel?

I do not, it looks like the original owner did away with the back entirely. There are no brackets or even trim in the rear seating area. He built up the floor with plywood I have a gut feeling that it’s rusted through but I’m scared to pull up the board and carpet. On a humorous note I do have a seat back there he put in but have no idea what it came out of but it’s not for my bullnose :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

6B091830-9413-41AB-B27E-E2346F63D3AB.jpeg.d628c01f4ff49cbd7d29409d8d98dd32.jpeg

39CF7F89-46A8-4926-9FA2-071C64FA6B53.jpeg.7f67fad256c3c00dec9561df0b6c5764.jpeg

I do not, it looks like the original owner did away with the back entirely. There are no brackets or even trim in the rear seating area. He built up the floor with plywood I have a gut feeling that it’s rusted through but I’m scared to pull up the board and carpet. On a humorous note I do have a seat back there he put in but have no idea what it came out of but it’s not for my bullnose :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

That seat doesn't look too shabby :nabble_smiley_happy: Likely more comfortable than the factory bench or jumps.

It's possible it's rusted from some user action but I've never seen the rear floor rusted through in any of the supercabs I've looked at so hopefully he just wanted a flat work area.

I would highly recommend the LMI seat lift if you want people to sit back there (and go with the bench). Makes it much more comfortable.

By the way, I like the Aztec style pattern on your front seat. My 80 has that but in green.