Bullnose Forums

Weatherstripping - which part first?

I think I need to get into the dash and see what's going on with the cables - they operate like 40 y/o cables would, stiff and imprecise. PO says it just needs a charge - may have it checked when it gets warmer. And I don't drive the truck everyday, so we might make it a while.

My wife has short legs, not sure the clutch will ever be her friend in this truck. Her son's Mustang is pretty short throw on everything so she can drive it when he needs her to help move it around occasionally. And he used to borrow her Tucson and she'd drive the Mustang for a few days. But the truck is a whole other animal.

I'm happy that so far, the driveline on this truck is trouble free (knock wood).

Oh yeah, is it common for windows to be much tighter rolling up/down after the window felts are installed? It fixed a lot of the wobble, but they are pretty durn tight. Before I put the door panel on, the crank would got 1/4 to 1/2 turn and lock up. I feel certain everything in the door is worn pretty badly. What to check or adjust on? Or just give it a few days to see if it all starts working?

I hate being bored at work - just makes me wish I had time to actually do things on truck slowly. BUt I get a couple hours after work and trying to keep the truck ready to go. I hate having a project in pieces. I know me, I'll get distracted and not get it back together. Or lose parts.

Oh yeah, is it common for windows to be much tighter rolling up/down after the window felts are installed? It fixed a lot of the wobble, but they are pretty durn tight. Before I put the door panel on, the crank would got 1/4 to 1/2 turn and lock up. I feel certain everything in the door is worn pretty badly. What to check or adjust on? Or just give it a few days to see if it all starts working?

I hate being bored at work - just makes me wish I had time to actually do things on truck slowly. BUt I get a couple hours after work and trying to keep the truck ready to go. I hate having a project in pieces. I know me, I'll get distracted and not get it back together. Or lose parts.

Randy, regarding the windows being difficult to raise and lower after installing the new weather stripping, get a can of silicone spray. Use the red straw to pinpoint the spray and saturate the grooves where the felt contacts the glass.

Be careful and don't go "wild" and get the silicone on the areas which might be in for painting in the future.

Did you spray them with silicone spray like I mentioned? Night and day difference on mine with power windows.

I beat you, Scott [by seconds]! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Haha so true. Although technically I said it yesterday so...:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Granted, your post about lubing the lock reminded me of it so full credit where it's due :nabble_anim_handshake:

Hopefully that spray will take care of it for you Randy.

And nice job on getting them in without taking the window out :nabble_smiley_good:

Did you spray them with silicone spray like I mentioned? Night and day difference on mine with power windows.

I misunderstood - I thought you meant on the rubber in the channel to help get the runs in. Which would probably help too. I'll give it a squirt. I need to do some lubing in there as well. Ordered speakers while ago so I'll be in and out of the doors for the next week probably.

I love this truck and fixing on it, but getting a little tired of the fixing to get it where I want it RIGHT NOW. I'm not the most patient person and feel everything has to be done RIGHT NOW. BUt I want it fixed so I can drive it and not be thinking of everything that needs the RIGHT NOW treatment. Plus it's just not cool the way it is right now. Gotta get these things fixed.

Thanks everyone, for your help.

I misunderstood - I thought you meant on the rubber in the channel to help get the runs in. Which would probably help too. I'll give it a squirt. I need to do some lubing in there as well. Ordered speakers while ago so I'll be in and out of the doors for the next week probably.

I love this truck and fixing on it, but getting a little tired of the fixing to get it where I want it RIGHT NOW. I'm not the most patient person and feel everything has to be done RIGHT NOW. BUt I want it fixed so I can drive it and not be thinking of everything that needs the RIGHT NOW treatment. Plus it's just not cool the way it is right now. Gotta get these things fixed.

Thanks everyone, for your help.

Ah, I see how the that could have been read that way.

Ordered speakers while ago so I'll be in and out of the doors for the next week probably.

Will give you plenty of chances to find all the sharp edges :nabble_smiley_tongue:

Ah, I see how the that could have been read that way.

Ordered speakers while ago so I'll be in and out of the doors for the next week probably.

Will give you plenty of chances to find all the sharp edges :nabble_smiley_tongue:

I already look like I've been fighting with a feral housecat.

I already look like I've been fighting with a feral housecat.

I understand the feral cat symptoms. I just put door lock motors in my doors, and where they go is difficult to get to. Then you need to run the wires and secure them. And, and, and... By the time I was done I was bleeding in several places.

I understand the feral cat symptoms. I just put door lock motors in my doors, and where they go is difficult to get to. Then you need to run the wires and secure them. And, and, and... By the time I was done I was bleeding in several places.

Door 2 completed. Now looking for the striker adjustment. And I'll have to get a proper torx. I have up to aT40 and that's too small.

Doors stick out. Not even sure how to get this all adjusted, but I'm so happy it's quiet that I will be satisfied of I can get the strikers right. And I have no idea how to do that yet.