Bullnose Forums

Fuel Tank pressurized?

Tyler

Does it control the ignition? Have you tried more initial advance?

No ignition control for my setup. I'm using the stock vacuum advance.

I think I have it set somewhere between 6⁰ and 10⁰ when vacuum line is disconnected.

Hard to see the timing marks on the sawtooth scale.

What would you recommend, timing-wise?

No ignition control for my setup. I'm using the stock vacuum advance.

I think I have it set somewhere between 6⁰ and 10⁰ when vacuum line is disconnected.

Hard to see the timing marks on the sawtooth scale.

What would you recommend, timing-wise?

You might check out this post. We did a lot of work on David's truck and documented it.

You might check out this post. We did a lot of work on David's truck and documented it.

Looks like I've got some learning to do...

Every MPG counts, especially since I'm starting a cross-country trip in the truck in about 2 months.

Thank you!

Bumped timing advance to 14⁰ and leaned out cruising band on the sniper to 15.5 AFR. The default setting was 14.

No pinging under load at any throttle position.

Most recent tank, got 15.3 MPG. Neato.

Now I need to learn more about setting a better baseline tune so the sniper won't have to trim as much.

Thanks for the info!

I guess I do now.

The sniper is supposed to tune itself. I haven't looked into tweaking it.

Only tuning the sniper does is the base fuel map. Other aspects such as fuel enrichment with cold and hot start conditions are not self tuning along with fuel enrichment on acceleration as well.

Its why everyone strongly recommends to have the sniper tuned. I will be having one of the best tune mine once I am done with my build. His site is Mad Science Motorsports, he does remote tuning as well as first time start up tuning as well.

Bumped timing advance to 14⁰ and leaned out cruising band on the sniper to 15.5 AFR. The default setting was 14.

No pinging under load at any throttle position.

Most recent tank, got 15.3 MPG. Neato.

Now I need to learn more about setting a better baseline tune so the sniper won't have to trim as much.

Thanks for the info!

Ty - Glad it is working for you. But you may not have enough vacuum advance dialed in. You should see what your vac advance is giving at various vacuum levels.