Bullnose Forums

Wire pigtail

100B0C5A-614C-464E-9F00-EA7F3A6B992F.jpeg.accdc1370326038d000fcac58515e42d.jpeg

Hello all, brand new to this forum, I own a 1986 f-250 diesel. Long story short, I am getting around to restoring my truck after almost two years of owning (it needs a lot of work!), anyway, I found a few wire harnesses under my dash I need help identifying. At first I thought it was a brake controller pigtail, but after looking at the ones at the auto parts store and the one in my truck, they don’t match. This pigtail is located under the dash towards the passenger side and I cannot find any information anywhere online about it, any help is greatly appreciated!

Welcome!

First, please review the email I sent regarding the guidelines, link, and new member post :nabble_smiley_good:

Now, as for that plug - it looks like C125 which is for the digital clock. Some trucks had a digital clock in those 3 rectangles above the radio.

Some wiring here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/digital-clock1.html

Tracking down the wiring on these trucks can be "fun". :nabble_smiley_wink:

Putting together details like location, color of plug, number of wires in the plug as well as how many the plug can handle, and the color of the wires will usually help us narrow it down pretty quickly.

For reference, if you have the factory brake controller wiring it will come through the firewall in a grommet all by itself located roughly behind the brake pedal.

Welcome!

First, please review the email I sent regarding the guidelines, link, and new member post :nabble_smiley_good:

Now, as for that plug - it looks like C125 which is for the digital clock. Some trucks had a digital clock in those 3 rectangles above the radio.

Some wiring here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/digital-clock1.html

Tracking down the wiring on these trucks can be "fun". :nabble_smiley_wink:

Putting together details like location, color of plug, number of wires in the plug as well as how many the plug can handle, and the color of the wires will usually help us narrow it down pretty quickly.

For reference, if you have the factory brake controller wiring it will come through the firewall in a grommet all by itself located roughly behind the brake pedal.

Ok thank you, it doesn’t have the digital clock, yet, I’ve been looking into getting one but I don’t even have the bezel anymore because it had broke when I took it off. Unfortunately I took off the factory brake controller like a dummy, but I am planning on installing a new one when the finances are there. This truck needs ALOT of work! It has a rough idle, engine leaks, the shocks are done for, brakes, and so on. But thank you for that info because it has been driving me nuts not being able to figure out what it was. There is one more wire I am trying to figure out what it goes to, I don’t have a picture just yet as I’m out of town at the moment but it’s in the glove box area and is quite long, has two small pins and a small round pigtail and the cords are approximately two feet in length. I have idea where that goes too either.

Ok thank you, it doesn’t have the digital clock, yet, I’ve been looking into getting one but I don’t even have the bezel anymore because it had broke when I took it off. Unfortunately I took off the factory brake controller like a dummy, but I am planning on installing a new one when the finances are there. This truck needs ALOT of work! It has a rough idle, engine leaks, the shocks are done for, brakes, and so on. But thank you for that info because it has been driving me nuts not being able to figure out what it was. There is one more wire I am trying to figure out what it goes to, I don’t have a picture just yet as I’m out of town at the moment but it’s in the glove box area and is quite long, has two small pins and a small round pigtail and the cords are approximately two feet in length. I have idea where that goes too either.

That round one with 2 pins sounds like the door jamb switch for the courtesy lights.

You'll find quite a few connectors tucked up in places unused and that is due to different options/trim levels. The nice thing about this is that it makes adding a lot of these things plug and play.

That round one with 2 pins sounds like the door jamb switch for the courtesy lights.

You'll find quite a few connectors tucked up in places unused and that is due to different options/trim levels. The nice thing about this is that it makes adding a lot of these things plug and play.

Oh ok that makes sense because I noticed I have a new courtesy switch in my truck but nowhere to connect it. Thank you so much for the info you provided and I will definitely be asking a lot more soon! Thanks again!

Happy to help and looking forward to hearing more on the project/plans.

Also, don't sweat it on the brake controller. These came with optional factory wiring for a brake controller but not the controller itself so while it might have been period correct, it would have been a dealer or owner installed one. Not sure if dealers had a Ford branded one but I've never seen it. I usually see the old KH hydraulic ones.