Bullnose Forums

Door panel painted with Duplicolor medium blue vinyl dye

See photos. This came out good enough to put off the desire for new door panels for a while. Drivers side is to be done tonight. I may still order an armrest for my side. And the door pull came from what? Idk, but it left holes so I put it back and actually kinda like it. Color matches sorta kinda close. THe camera shows the difference more than my eye sees it.

I removed the trim on passenger side, but may just mask it out for drivers so I don't damage it - I lost one of the metal strips on the pass side that help hold the trim in and there was already one missing, so I don't want to mess that up any more.

I had sprayed some "test" areas before I removed the panel just to check color. Those areas are still roughish. The dye does seem to seal the bad areas somewhat. But I used some 180 or so grit sandpaper on the tops and the scaly junk just rolled off. I'm going to try to do the drivers even better, but at the end of the day it's just a cheap fix to get the insides looking better and my goal is a pretty nice interior.

IMG_20210324_175918559.jpg.d679d448378c98e987d4370d7b89d584.jpg

IMG_20210324_182700008.jpg.9e3474c4542796cdc7c850b006348a34.jpg

Looks good!

The door cards are the only part of my Bronco I did not spray. I kinda liked the "Patina" contrast it provided.

I need the interior to look good. Just felt like too much unknown DNA in there. LOL I'm about to a point where it looks and feels clean enough. Body on mine looks like crap - spraybomb paint job? So the interior needs to look nice.

My goal is nice interior, nice wheels/tires. "Survivor" or slight rat body work. So people know it's more than a crap truck. A running project.

I had a 52 Dodge once when I was young. It didn't run and I never got it running. Turns out I had a bad started that I thought was known to be good. I kinda gave up, traded it as part of a newer car deal. I don't have focus to do a non runner.

I need the interior to look good. Just felt like too much unknown DNA in there. LOL I'm about to a point where it looks and feels clean enough. Body on mine looks like crap - spraybomb paint job? So the interior needs to look nice.

My goal is nice interior, nice wheels/tires. "Survivor" or slight rat body work. So people know it's more than a crap truck. A running project.

I had a 52 Dodge once when I was young. It didn't run and I never got it running. Turns out I had a bad started that I thought was known to be good. I kinda gave up, traded it as part of a newer car deal. I don't have focus to do a non runner.

So far the armrests from LMC I installed a week ago have done OK, other than my dye/paint (SEM bumper coater) flaking off from me only giving it 1 of the 48 hours of specified cure time (hasn't gotten much/any worse since).

Just reuse your old screws or get some #8 x3/4" sheet metal screws and washers. The provided screws are weak and strip/bend before they can cut threads.

As (relatively) cheap as their uncoated armrests are, it's a good investment since they double as your inside door handle. Especially if your base plates are rusty rotten mess like mine were.

We're slow at work, so I went out and removed, sanded, painted the driver's door. So that's done for now.

HAve ordered weatherstripping kit - late next week. Carpet dash pad early next week.

Speakers are out, waiting.

New window cranks and glove box box installed. Cheap enough and quick from NPD.

Interior is getting dangerously close to what I'm going to call done for "first gen" fixes. I need to get some of those black screws and clips to eventually have all of them in place.