Bullnose Forums

Best carburetor for 86' 460 7.5L

ramses

Bill, close.

Here is my setup

And the wix filter that looks to tie it together

After some more investigation and thanks to all of the original material here I found out that someone deleted the fuel filter, or some factory hot fuel setups came with the sintered bronze filter in the inlet.

Two- I can’t put a pressure gauge after the separator.

Three, looks like I’ll just add a filter setup between the hard and rubber lines coming to the separator. Maybe do a fuel block and add a pressure gauge. This way I can just run the 1/2-20 line into the 1/2-20 to 9/16-24 adapter for the Holley carb. Then it is an easy switch back to the stock carb once rebuilt.

After some more investigation and thanks to all of the original material here I found out that someone deleted the fuel filter, or some factory hot fuel setups came with the sintered bronze filter in the inlet.

Two- I can’t put a pressure gauge after the separator.

Three, looks like I’ll just add a filter setup between the hard and rubber lines coming to the separator. Maybe do a fuel block and add a pressure gauge. This way I can just run the 1/2-20 line into the 1/2-20 to 9/16-24 adapter for the Holley carb. Then it is an easy switch back to the stock carb once rebuilt.

If you had the hot fuel setup you'll have a return line. Right? If so I'd put a return-style fuel pressure regulator on it. That will keep the fuel flowing, eliminate vapor locking, and let you set the pressure for the carb.

One of these from Summit would work well.