Bullnose Forums

Drove truck to work today...a milestone?

Congrats! Glad to hear it was uneventful (in a good way).
I went to lunch and didn't really even think about it being a 40 y/o truck.   Just worried about my stick shifting skillz.  LOL  Last stick I had was traded in 2003?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 2:36 PM kramttocs [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Just worried about my stick shifting skillz. LOL Last stick I had was traded in 2003?If you can't find 'em, grind 'em! :nabble_smiley_happy:
Every gear syncro'd.  No grinding. 😁 But easing into second is not always as smooth as I would like.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM 1986F150Six [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Ah, you have the bug :)

Sounds like you are starting from a similar position I was, all the desire to get the truck in good shape but not knowing where to start.

I have basically done all I can with a set of wrenches, a set of sockets and some elbow grease.

On my Bronco I had to do a lot of interior work. Here is a link to my project thread, maybe that will help give you some ideas of what to look at.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/#nabble-td14634i160|a92199

I highly recommend reading others projects and make notes on things you want to tackle, lots of inspiration out there!

Finally, we need some pics please!

Ah, you have the bug :)

Sounds like you are starting from a similar position I was, all the desire to get the truck in good shape but not knowing where to start.

I have basically done all I can with a set of wrenches, a set of sockets and some elbow grease.

On my Bronco I had to do a lot of interior work. Here is a link to my project thread, maybe that will help give you some ideas of what to look at.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/#nabble-td14634i160|a92199

I highly recommend reading others projects and make notes on things you want to tackle, lots of inspiration out there!

Finally, we need some pics please!

Yes it's been a long time since I had a project and I am hooked. To my wife's dismay. Lol

Check any thread started by me and you will find some photos. I always get caught up and forget to snap photos when I'm working.

There is also a project thread in the projects section.

I've spent$400 in the last week. Told wife I'd ease up till I got all the parts ordered installed before starting more. I'm almost sticking to that.

I'm reading a lot of posts on here and searching things out.

Thanks for posting up. I'm having a ball with this old truck. And it drives, so that makes it even better.

Yes it's been a long time since I had a project and I am hooked. To my wife's dismay. Lol

Check any thread started by me and you will find some photos. I always get caught up and forget to snap photos when I'm working.

There is also a project thread in the projects section.

I've spent$400 in the last week. Told wife I'd ease up till I got all the parts ordered installed before starting more. I'm almost sticking to that.

I'm reading a lot of posts on here and searching things out.

Thanks for posting up. I'm having a ball with this old truck. And it drives, so that makes it even better.

Ah-ha!

Splendid all around.

My wife used to ask me, when we lived in a city, “how do people end up with so many old cars on their property?”

A few year later, we live on 5 acres with 3 project trucks, a project boat and a friends project truck! 🤣

Ah-ha!

Splendid all around.

My wife used to ask me, when we lived in a city, “how do people end up with so many old cars on their property?”

A few year later, we live on 5 acres with 3 project trucks, a project boat and a friends project truck! 🤣

Here in Alabama, a person is known to be well off when they have two cars on cinder blocks in the back yard! :nabble_smiley_grin:

Ah-ha!

Splendid all around.

Here in Alabama, a person is known to be well off when they have two cars on cinder blocks in the back yard! :nabble_smiley_grin:

Our next door neighbor dude in a millionaire by those standards. Ugh. Doesn't bother me as bad as it does my wife. But the dude next door is a deadbeat by any standards, so he has lots of "projects" that are going nowhere. And the county has to come remind him to clean up occasionally.

I can live with that, but aggravates the wife to the point where she wants to move. Which means more house pmt and less "mad money" to spend on fun stuff. House pmt is not fun stuff. And we LOVE our house, just hate the neighbors.

Ah-ha!

Splendid all around.

Free or cheap things to do - Brake inspection, pack front wheel bearings, steering/suspension inspection...

Safety items first, then make 'er pretty!