Bullnose Forums

For Sale: 1983 F250 4WD "Big Blackie"

I hope you get it! And, when you come after it drop down and show it to me. Plus, bring it back for the show in Sept. PLEASE!

Oh and September, if I do get the truck.....I will try. I have to save some vacation and roll it over to next year for Holly and I are driving the 69 Impala to the grand canyon..

I am pouring $$ into the Impala right now, just bought a power disc brake conversion kit, Aluminum radiator, Pertronix electronic ignition and coil. Its a 210 hp 327, and I have a 1970 300hp four barrell rochester intake I am going to put on it with a new Rochester before the trip. I'm kicking around the idea of building the 400 small block for it though....I may just run the original 327, and stroke it with the 400 crank. Same bore as a 350, and has the large crank journals...so it should make a 383 stroker I am thinking. That would be a bit more torque than the 327. The car is getting setup to be a cruiser, not a hotrod.

Good plan, Stan! I'll have to compare notes with Holly as to where she lived in Wichita. We lived there 6 years and I was born 55 miles southeast.

As for a used vehicle, the next door neighbor has an Avalanche he says he's going to sell. They bought it new and recently replaced it with a new Tahoe, but haven't sold the Avalanche. Don't know anything about it, but can ask if you are interested.

She doesn't want an Avalanche. She wants a third row so when she visits down there she can carry all her nieces and nephews around. If we add anymore kids down there, I'll have to get her a passenger van, or an old classic station wagon with three bench seats in it!!

Oh, and Holly was born there, and they moved around a lot before they settled in Broken Arrow...I don't think she lived in Wichita longer than the first two or three years of her life.

I hope you get it! And, when you come after it drop down and show it to me. Plus, bring it back for the show in Sept. PLEASE!

Oh and September, if I do get the truck.....I will try. I have to save some vacation and roll it over to next year for Holly and I are driving the 69 Impala to the grand canyon..

I am pouring $$ into the Impala right now, just bought a power disc brake conversion kit, Aluminum radiator, Pertronix electronic ignition and coil. Its a 210 hp 327, and I have a 1970 300hp four barrell rochester intake I am going to put on it with a new Rochester before the trip. I'm kicking around the idea of building the 400 small block for it though....I may just run the original 327, and stroke it with the 400 crank. Same bore as a 350, and has the large crank journals...so it should make a 383 stroker I am thinking. That would be a bit more torque than the 327. The car is getting setup to be a cruiser, not a hotrod.

The 4" stroke of the 400's crank is what creates the stump-pulling torque. And that's true in either block. So you can't go wrong. And the torque will be significantly better than the 327's. I doubt there would be much difference in the cost of building any of the engines, so I'd at least go with the 400's crank.

As for the show, please keep it in mind. I'd like to see you and the family, and Big Blackie would surely take home a trophy. :nabble_smiley_good:

The 4" stroke of the 400's crank is what creates the stump-pulling torque. And that's true in either block. So you can't go wrong. And the torque will be significantly better than the 327's. I doubt there would be much difference in the cost of building any of the engines, so I'd at least go with the 400's crank.

As for the show, please keep it in mind. I'd like to see you and the family, and Big Blackie would surely take home a trophy. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well...IF I got the truck...I would certainly come see you when picking it up. IF I could make it in September, and IF it got a trophy, I would mail it DIRECTLY to Luke, because I wouldn't deserve a trophy...it would be Luke's trophy, not mine.

Well...IF I got the truck...I would certainly come see you when picking it up. IF I could make it in September, and IF it got a trophy, I would mail it DIRECTLY to Luke, because I wouldn't deserve a trophy...it would be Luke's trophy, not mine.

I like that plan, but have a suggestion - let's get Luke to come to the show and accept the trophy himself. :nabble_anim_claps:

May it go HIGHER!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

I'm pretty confident it will, and when I get home from church tomorrow night I'm going to watch it. Should get home around 8:00 and the auction is over at 8:30, so will be interesting. There is at least one person with automatic bidding turned on, so the last few seconds could be wild. Bring it on! :nabble_anim_claps:

I'm pretty confident it will, and when I get home from church tomorrow night I'm going to watch it. Should get home around 8:00 and the auction is over at 8:30, so will be interesting. There is at least one person with automatic bidding turned on, so the last few seconds could be wild. Bring it on! :nabble_anim_claps:

I wonder who won? Sold for $15,001.