Bullnose Forums

1981 F150 Blue. Named Walter, for now anyway

rcarlisle

That does look nice.

Dear Diary....LOL

Update 3-23-2021: Installed Standard part TW73 turn signal switch harness. Fits perfectly. Horseshoe connector plug is super tight. Had to lower steering column support due to way harness is sandwiched in. Connector is slid onto a support at the plug. There is a lightbulb on a wire with the harness that goes nowhere? I cut it off several inches from the connector, put heat shrink on it, heated and pinched it off, put wire back up into the sleeve holding wire bundle.

These are more expensive than the Dorman part, but now everything to do with the signals is brand new. And I didn't have to do all that fiddling to make it work.

Also replaced the ignition lock cylinder while in there. Old one was quite loose. Ordered a new stalk as well. Old one has been bent on and ground on with a grinder. ????

Next money projects will likely be a dash cover - probably just a cheap carpet cover and a new set of taillight lenses.

Next labor will likely be door panel painting - Duplicolor medium blue vinyl spray dye - close enough and will make them look better for a while. While in the doors, try to see if speakers work.

Radio comes on and "stereo" indicator lights up, but no sound. Not sure if it's the radio or the speakers.

I have a couple guys on FB marketplace looking for a seat and some wheels on parts trucks.