Bullnose Forums

New Weatherstripping preventing door closure?

Done. Both doors still close hard, but at least do close. Based on witness marks the strikers had been tightened up previously (probably to deal with the wasted old seals). But now they're a lot looser than the marks... and the doors don't line up with the body lines at all.

Hopefully with time they'll break in. Ugh.

I did my door and window seals about a month ago. I still need to slam the doors to get them to shut. Hopefully they will compress down to normal soon. Sounds like thats just part of all new seals.

I did my door and window seals about a month ago. I still need to slam the doors to get them to shut. Hopefully they will compress down to normal soon. Sounds like thats just part of all new seals.

Just tested it... much easier with the windows rolled down!

Just tested it... much easier with the windows rolled down!

Roll down the window and close the doors, if it is easier your battling the "Air Cushion" created in the cab, This is why on newer trucks, they have flapper vents on the back cabin wall. they "fart" when the door closes, letting the air pressure out.

I need to crack a window open for the doors to close.

Roll down the window and close the doors, if it is easier your battling the "Air Cushion" created in the cab, This is why on newer trucks, they have flapper vents on the back cabin wall. they "fart" when the door closes, letting the air pressure out.

I need to crack a window open for the doors to close.

Learned something new. :nabble_smiley_good: Notice them every now and then and briefly wonder 'why?' But never looked it up.

Learned something new. :nabble_smiley_good: Notice them every now and then and briefly wonder 'why?' But never looked it up.

Big Blue is sealed so well that opening the kick panel vents or turning the HVAC system to something like Vent doesn't do much. But if you crack a window, open a wing vent, or crack open the sliding back window you get a lot of air and your ears tell you the pressure dropped.

And closing the doors takes a firm hand - unless a window is open. There is a huge difference.

Big Blue is sealed so well that opening the kick panel vents or turning the HVAC system to something like Vent doesn't do much. But if you crack a window, open a wing vent, or crack open the sliding back window you get a lot of air and your ears tell you the pressure dropped.

And closing the doors takes a firm hand - unless a window is open. There is a huge difference.

When I did my son's 83 Mustang Convertible, I put a sleeve in the bulb where the ends meet to keep them together. Couldn't hardly shut the door. So I put some vent holes in the rubber like the stock seals had. At least on my 78 they did. Shut a lot better.

When I did my son's 83 Mustang Convertible, I put a sleeve in the bulb where the ends meet to keep them together. Couldn't hardly shut the door. So I put some vent holes in the rubber like the stock seals had. At least on my 78 they did. Shut a lot better.

P8200236.thumb.jpg.a4009ad979e14354d4f94a0658c5c652.jpg

This is an original factory seal. Note the holes. The reproductions do not have these.

What'd you use to put the holes in with? Leather Punch?

This is an original factory seal. Note the holes. The reproductions do not have these.

The Precision brand kit I ordered has them. They are the opposite factory so they aren't seen unless you look for them.

Can't say the entire Precision kit is great but have no complaints on the door seals and would recommend them without hesitation.