Bullnose Forums

Tribal Wisdom- Wheel Compatibility

I asked Gary a question earlier that he encouraged me to post here for the other greener-horn Bullnose riders:

I've been looking for another set of wheels, originally thinking I would put on a set of studs and hold them in reserve for the odd Tahoe weekend, but as I've been watching the ads on Craigslist & eBay, I've started looking for a daily set that is more true to the original style.

I found these a few miles away. I know the 5x 5.5 lug bolt pattern will match, but asked Gary if I needed to consider back spacing/offset or center bore between the bullnose generation & Gen 9 series stock wheels.

To the bigger question- are there any limitations to 15" OEM wheel swaps between F150 years up to '97?

Here are the 3 I'm picking up today- looking for 2 more to make a complete set plus spare...

93_F150_Wheels.jpg.83aaf93f372ee61ced61597bf5505636.jpg

What year trucks did those wheels come on? I have a set that came on my truck when I bought it...but I know that my truck did not originally have them. Just curious.

According to the page on Driveline/Wheels those are Type 9's and were available in 1980 and '81. And you should be able to confirm what you have by the code stamped near the valve stem if I remember correctly.