Bullnose Forums

BillyRay's 1981 F100 Restification

BillyRay59

More white!

White hub caps with white letter tires!! White on bed & tailgate.

Starting to clean up the extra white paint. Using a 3M Scotch Brite pad and water. It's all original paint under there. Labor intensive, but worth it!

Also, took the trashy stickers off the back window and put a vintage DAV decal on to honor my Dad who was a WWII vet.

BEFORE and AFTER

IMG_8406.jpg.3873738fff6b4082b4a3e5d85651b5bd.jpg

IMG_8499.jpg.29bed9de97bf81963b97305f5af67c7e.jpg

That's cool, did you recreate that sheet?

Yes, cell by cell in Excel. Took a long time, but I'm really happy with the results. I need to look at another 1981 Buildsheet with a date of Nov 80 to see if it will help fill in the question marks, but that might prove hard to find.

Starting to clean up the extra white paint. Using a 3M Scotch Brite pad and water. It's all original paint under there. Labor intensive, but worth it!

Also, took the trashy stickers off the back window and put a vintage DAV decal on to honor my Dad who was a WWII vet.

BEFORE and AFTER

That's looking good! And the sticker is a big improvement as well. :nabble_smiley_good:

I can't get enough of this truck!

I took off all of the goofy mudflaps. Tried to chemical strip the hubcaps from their multiple coats of paint (black, white, green, blue), but to no avail. I didn't want to blast them and paint them to look too new, so I bought a cheap set off of eBay that look like they match the wear/mileage of the truck. Now I'm trying to clean the white paint off of the tires. I started with the front one. Another labor intensive operation.

IMG_8471.jpg.5cb654a838c63c507f3c045651da99b9.jpg

IMG_8505.jpg.3354d6bce6fae29ee8ac9cf30594d051.jpg