Bullnose Forums

Stucco Bronco in Saskatchewan

That camper is cheap - if it runs and drives. But I still don't understand Craven. Doubt it means the town in England. Nor one who is is cowardly. One who is into something?

And the '85 F250 certainly is clean. And at $2000 US it is a buy - assuming that it isn't rusting away underneath. But, while it is an Explorer it has very little side trim. I'm surprised you could get an Explorer that plain.

We'll have to wait for Ray to chime in to confirm, but from what I gathered online, it is some kind of country music festival in the town of Craven, SK. I guess that would be a good place to take a classic camper van.

If I lived further out in the country and had a bigger property with a longer driveway or larger yard, I'd be all over the F250. However, where I live now, we rarely have to plow snow. My driveway is only 110 ft long, and in all of this past winter, I only had to plow it twice (with my ATV), and even then it was really only because the wife was howling about it...lol. I could have left it and let it melt.

Still, at $2500 CDN with a plow, the old girl does appear to be relatively intact for it's age and location. It could be rusted to bits underneath, but maybe not.

Nobody really understands Craven, but it is pretty much an annual good old redneck country music festival. Lots of debauchery going on and a lot of those old campers end up abandoned in the field after it's over. Craven is a town just north of Regina. I've never gone myself, seems to be something for the younger crowd.

There is a name change this year, thanks largely to some brain dead punks that brought some serious animal cruelty into the picture last year, (they doused a cat with fuel and set it on fire). Bad publicity to say the least. Goes by Country Thunder now.

https://www.countrythunder.com/sk

I recall about 5 years ago, a young unknown by the name of Taylor Swift played there, just as she was breaking into the big time.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody really understands Craven, but it is pretty much an annual good old redneck country music festival. Lots of debauchery going on and a lot of those old campers end up abandoned in the field after it's over. Craven is a town just north of Regina. I've never gone myself, seems to be something for the younger crowd.

There is a name change this year, thanks largely to some brain dead punks that brought some serious animal cruelty into the picture last year, (they doused a cat with fuel and set it on fire). Bad publicity to say the least. Goes by Country Thunder now.

https://www.countrythunder.com/sk

I recall about 5 years ago, a young unknown by the name of Taylor Swift played there, just as she was breaking into the big time.

Thanks for the explanation. But, it sounds like the time to get an old camper is after the fest? Just get it out of the field?

It worked for me, but the Craven pictures show as a pop-up, so if you have them disabled, you likely won't see it.

Yes, it worked for me this time, and said "Garbage is seen at the Craven Country Jamboree grounds on Aug. 14, one month after this year's music festival ended." Yuk!

He lives up to his name!!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

Ok, pics please. Not only of the truck, but getting it out. I'm wanting to learn new tricks.

OK, back to bullnoses.

It's recovery day!

_2.jpg.bded36db0c0ec3dfe47e0b495c2d7020.jpg

So, this is the pic from the ad. Truck really is sunk in. Previous owner was kind enough to air up the tires and remove some of the debris. First order of business was to jack up the front wheels, place boards underneath the tires and straighten out the steering path. Fortunately, the keys were in the ignition.

20180508_140134.jpg.705b57441d861892d637629eeb61a83c.jpg

20180508_140105.jpg.69cf97a892cf9f67c4e3748c3ee0526e.jpg

Access was easy, could line up the trailer straight in and it was just beside his graveled driveway. This is where the 12K winch comes in. # out of 4 tires still turned, LR skidded all the way up the trailer.

20180508_140055.jpg.0ab10f871bffe56bbc23e75a343b38f8.jpg

Turns out there were some rail ties stuck underneath the truck. No problem with that winch!

20180508_140113.jpg.b112ac62352bb498a79f35b6a638d9c2.jpg

Loaded up and tied down for the trip.

20180508_142042.jpg.e3982200c94931d9d149bfa0e437d4f4.jpg

Drive home was uneventful except for turning off his narrow driveway with steep ditches. Dropped the L trailer wheels off the edge of the road and thought for a second that I was going to flip the whole works. Luck was with me and I managed to navigate that hazard.

The plate on the truck indicates it was last licensed in 2004, 14 years ago. This was his parent's farm and his mother was telling me how he had driven it to that spot against her wishes, but after looking at it for so many years, she may miss it. Turns out the previous owner also had a 14 year old daughter who was somewhat peeved with him for selling "her" truck. I suppose there is some history to all this. He also was telling me about all the calls he was getting on the truck from people who assumed they could just plate the truck and drive it home. High expectations for $250. I did bargain with him and got the truck for $200. That's all in Canadian dollars folks, roughly 75% of USD value. Probably spent just as much on fuel getting it home.

So, it's in it's new home and likely final resting place. I'm going to part this out. Grill and hood are destined for my Frankentruck.

20180508_162643.jpg.052e503d9a602e126e8cab0f0d2ba82f.jpg

It has some company. Here's a couple scenery shots.

20180508_162650.jpg.5ed85955baaa25bebf03b3f59fa7655f.jpg

20180508_162658.jpg.d1d2b5095dfbf4a53ba642012d9ac87d.jpg

OK, back to bullnoses.

It's recovery day!

So, this is the pic from the ad. Truck really is sunk in. Previous owner was kind enough to air up the tires and remove some of the debris. First order of business was to jack up the front wheels, place boards underneath the tires and straighten out the steering path. Fortunately, the keys were in the ignition.

Access was easy, could line up the trailer straight in and it was just beside his graveled driveway. This is where the 12K winch comes in. # out of 4 tires still turned, LR skidded all the way up the trailer.

Turns out there were some rail ties stuck underneath the truck. No problem with that winch!

Drive home was uneventful except for turning off his narrow driveway with steep ditches. Dropped the L trailer wheels off the edge of the road and thought for a second that I was going to flip the whole works. Luck was with me and I managed to navigate that hazard.

The plate on the truck indicates it was last licensed in 2004, 14 years ago. This was his parent's farm and his mother was telling me how he had driven it to that spot against her wishes, but after looking at it for so many years, she may miss it. Turns out the previous owner also had a 14 year old daughter who was somewhat peeved with him for selling "her" truck. I suppose there is some history to all this. He also was telling me about all the calls he was getting on the truck from people who assumed they could just plate the truck and drive it home. High expectations for $250. I did bargain with him and got the truck for $200. That's all in Canadian dollars folks, roughly 75% of USD value. Probably spent just as much on fuel getting it home.

So, it's in it's new home and likely final resting place. I'm going to part this out. Grill and hood are destined for my Frankentruck.

Yep, 12k winches win! The '60 Chevy pickup I pulled from a field had the right rear skid all the way onto the trailer. We just kept placing boards in front of it going up the ramp, but let it slide on the steel deck of the trailer. But the winch didn't care. :nabble_smiley_evil:

So, some people think they can drive a $200 truck home? Amazing. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Anyway, it looks like the field of dreams up there. You should be able to put together several Frankentrucks.

OK, back to bullnoses.

It's recovery day!

Well done.