Bullnose Forums

How to identify aftermarket lift height?

So I posted pictures of my new-ish truck a few days ago and forum members noted it's obnoxious lift height, as did I when I showed up to buy it ( the marketplace pictures weren't the greatest http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/laughing-25-x-25_orig.gif )

I am not looking to remove the lift as it contributes to the character of the truck that had been aptly named "Big Bitch" as the previous owner slapped a big lime green decal on the hood deflector declaring it as such. What I am looking for is information on possible measurements I can take to figure out just how high it is lifted so I can purchase the correct shock absorbers and other such worn suspension components.

IMG-7384.thumb.jpg.fbdabf0022e832d1b2218b1308e6059f.jpg

Slide under the front end, I assume there are lift brackets under there? Measure the distance center to center of the two bolts circled in red below (Somebody might have to correct me on this...there's lots of 8 lug experts on here, and I'm not one of them).

lift.png.cfa27a7c3d29e3baad0b765b2cb4980b.png

Slide under the front end, I assume there are lift brackets under there? Measure the distance center to center of the two bolts circled in red below (Somebody might have to correct me on this...there's lots of 8 lug experts on here, and I'm not one of them).

Cory - I agree with you. The TTB's would normally be held in by the top bolts.

Cory - I agree with you. The TTB's would normally be held in by the top bolts.

Right, and you can’t check it on the passenger side because the factory bracket usually gets removed I think.

Alright thanks for the info guys, I wont be able to crawl under my truck for about a week because I'm currently 100+ miles away but I'll relay this info to my buddy and see if I can get him to crawl under there for me.