Bullnose Forums

New member intro

bp17oang

My name is Bill and I live in Ohio. I had an 83 F250 351W 4x4 when I was in high school as my first truck, so I will always have an affection for the Bullnose.

About 7 years ago when I bought my small farm I ended up with an 86 F250 460 4x4 extended cab. More recently I bought an 85 F350 C&C 2wd with an electric over hydraulic dumb bed. The current project is that I have installed a Dana 60 kingpin in the C&C and soon will be putting the 460, T19, and B&W 1345 in from the 86.

Gary, I read on the alternator section you were interested in some info on 86 models that had the 2g system. I'm 99.9% my 86 had that from the factory. If you are still looking for info on that, I can post or send you the tag/VIN.

Hopefully, I can edit this post later with some pictures of my build or I can do another post... if anyone is interested that is.

Thanks

Bill - Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of Ohio? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a city or zip.

On the alternator, if yours is an '86 with a 2G then all is right with my thinking - at least as regards what alternators '86 trucks got. But if your '86 has a 1G then that's when I want to see the build date. My understanding is that no '86 trucks got the 1G, so I'm watching to see if someone says theirs did.

On your pictures, you seem to be having problems posting them. Have you read the how-to on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's?

Bill - Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of Ohio? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a city or zip.

On the alternator, if yours is an '86 with a 2G then all is right with my thinking - at least as regards what alternators '86 trucks got. But if your '86 has a 1G then that's when I want to see the build date. My understanding is that no '86 trucks got the 1G, so I'm watching to see if someone says theirs did.

On your pictures, you seem to be having problems posting them. Have you read the how-to on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's?

Thanks.

Yeah I'll have to practice uploading later.

I am in zip code 43011.