Bullnose Forums

Help with wire

jdavidsmi

For a '96?

Gary, E6 = 86, F6 = 96, just be glad we are working on vehicles old enough for the PNs to make sense and not like GM or Chrysler where it is just a string of numbers. You don't want to try and see the logic on the newer Ford PNs. Battery tray for my 2009 Flex is AG1Z-10732-D, but the wheel bearings (hub and bearing) are BT4Z-1104-B. I guess the center part of the numbers still match the older PNs.

Gary, E6 = 86, F6 = 96, just be glad we are working on vehicles old enough for the PNs to make sense and not like GM or Chrysler where it is just a string of numbers. You don't want to try and see the logic on the newer Ford PNs. Battery tray for my 2009 Flex is AG1Z-10732-D, but the wheel bearings (hub and bearing) are BT4Z-1104-B. I guess the center part of the numbers still match the older PNs.

Bill - I understand that E6 means 1986. But he said “ For a 1996 f150 5.0.” That’s why I’m asking the question.

I’d bet it is a typo, but want to make sure before he goes looking for an expensive needle in a haystack.

Bill - I understand that E6 means 1986. But he said “ For a 1996 f150 5.0.” That’s why I’m asking the question.

I’d bet it is a typo, but want to make sure before he goes looking for an expensive needle in a haystack.

Good point, the older switch is a lever style like the blower switch, the 1996 is a rocker switch up by the headlight switch.