Bullnose Forums

1984 Captains Chair Arm Rest Replacements?

Jason2215

Here's the before/afters for the arm rests. Felt pretty good to get the seats back in after sitting on the garage floor for so long. Interior is almost back together-ish. The replacement dash pad from USA1 Interiors should be here in a month or so (it has been backordered for months and I finally got notification it would be ready in 3 weeks). With the covers removed, you can see the F250 armrests are in much better shape than the ones that came off the Bronco....I can never figure out how to keep the pictures upright in this forum

Looking good, Jason! I love the look of that interior. And you are right, the other arm rests were in much better shape.

On the pics, you have to open them in another app and save them. That usually re-orients them. Usually.

The deal is that when you take a picture your camera encodes orientation information in the metadata. Smart phones, tablets, and most software read that information and orient the picture properly for display. But most forums, including this one, don't read that data.

Opening the pic in another app, like Photoshop, typically re-orients the pic. So if you save it that usually saves it with the correct orientation.

Or, learn to always take your pics with the camera oriented the "proper" way. (Just kidding. I don't know what the "proper" way is on my iPhone, and I always edit the file.)

Looking good, Jason! I love the look of that interior. And you are right, the other arm rests were in much better shape.

On the pics, you have to open them in another app and save them. That usually re-orients them. Usually.

The deal is that when you take a picture your camera encodes orientation information in the metadata. Smart phones, tablets, and most software read that information and orient the picture properly for display. But most forums, including this one, don't read that data.

Opening the pic in another app, like Photoshop, typically re-orients the pic. So if you save it that usually saves it with the correct orientation.

Or, learn to always take your pics with the camera oriented the "proper" way. (Just kidding. I don't know what the "proper" way is on my iPhone, and I always edit the file.)

Thanks! I know the red isn't for everybody, but I think it's pretty unique and really stands out (for better or worse!)