Bullnose Forums

1984 Captains Chair Arm Rest Replacements?

Jason2215

Hey all!

I'm actively searching but in the meantime wanted to see if anyone knew of a place or person (besides the junkyard/craigstlist/FB that I will already look at) has replacement arm rests for an '84/bullnose captain's chair? I had my seats reupholstered and the passenger side went fine, but when they took the covering off of the drivers side, I guess the molding was old and brittle and fell apart. He's stating there's not a way for him to "re-pack" the arm rest because it's the molded foam stuff, so I'm searching for replacements. I really love the arm rests and are one of the big reasons I wanted to keep the original seats. He has the coverings made for them and ready to go....just need some arm rests to cover. As a possible solution, does anyone know what years/models would be interchangeable? (F150, van, etc).

Thanks!

Thanks for the response! Yeah I saw those and I guess they're probably the same PN as the Bronco? I'd assume they are, but I'd hate to get them and they not fit correctly. Hold up....that guy is in Pascagoula, literally 10 minutes from me. Looks like I need to pay him a visit!

Thanks for the response! Yeah I saw those and I guess they're probably the same PN as the Bronco? I'd assume they are, but I'd hate to get them and they not fit correctly. Hold up....that guy is in Pascagoula, literally 10 minutes from me. Looks like I need to pay him a visit!

The vans (E-Series), Broncos (U-Series), and pickups used the same seats, as this illustration shows:

captains-chair-upper-half_orig.thumb.jpg.df1b78419fe4ff4a86a6e284c2e87532.jpg

The vans (E-Series), Broncos (U-Series), and pickups used the same seats, as this illustration shows:

Boom. Thanks guys. Much needed confirmation on the fitment to put me at ease :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I messaged the seller to see if I can pick them up. Hopefully the foam is in better shape than mine!

Here's the before/afters for the arm rests. Felt pretty good to get the seats back in after sitting on the garage floor for so long. Interior is almost back together-ish. The replacement dash pad from USA1 Interiors should be here in a month or so (it has been backordered for months and I finally got notification it would be ready in 3 weeks). With the covers removed, you can see the F250 armrests are in much better shape than the ones that came off the Bronco....I can never figure out how to keep the pictures upright in this forum

IMG_1251.jpg.e4e1331eae49bf2d9260bb9b53b81f20.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg.2ff072ec285c7239350aab94087d38ff.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg.7382f58bdbed689cf44b0c5cf6599598.jpg

IMG_12602.jpg.c34471326d2d12ea1ac95c4595a7bbd0.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg.66fb2d92ce034227edf3baa6e84d5a96.jpg