Bullnose Forums

Quality Cab Mounts/suspension

delco1946

Anxious to see what you think after they are installed. :nabble_smiley_good:

Replaced my polyurethane ones with the S&B rubber ones last week and wanted to give it a little time/mileage before providing my thoughts.

My personal opinion is that they are great quality, well thought out design-wise, and well presented but priced a bit more than is necessary. These are worth looking at when replacing worn out factory ones with something similar and long lasting but in my case with already having the poly ones I can't say they are worth the cost.

Since I had already removed the factory pressed together bushings I didn't use their two removal sleeves so can't comment on those beyond saying it's nice they included them.

Removal of the old and installation of the new was straightforward. The core support hardware changes in that it's no longer a bolt from the bottom and a separate nut from the top. Instead it's like the other mounts where the bolt goes down from the top (maybe this is how later years were from the factory?).

None of these have a built-in nut on the bottom to put a socket on but I didn't have any issues torqueing them down from the top/cab by myself.

Once torqued down they are quite a bit shorter than the poly ones and a little shorter than factory. With poly I had to shim my bed up 1/4". I removed those shims after installing the S&B and thought it lined up well. After getting it outside and driving it a big though it looks like I need to shim the rear mounts up a bit - they provide plenty of shims to address this. This is why I am saying they are shorter than factory. For me this means removing half the rear seat again to access the bolts so haven't felt like doing that yet.

As far as ride goes I am not a good judge for feeling stuff like this unless it is to an extreme but it does feel a little smoother than with the poly.

Unfortunately for me it didn't have any impact on my creaking noise when the truck is twisting so admittedly that's a big part in why I can't say it was a worthwhile use of time and money despite knowing there was a chance it wouldn't fix it. :nabble_smiley_uh:

In then end, if you want the best out there I'd say these are them. If you want to save your money and get rubber or poly replacements, I don't think you'd ever miss not having these.

As a side note - for anyone going to rubber or poly and not wanting to make your own factory bushing separators, I am happy to lend these out.

Replaced my polyurethane ones with the S&B rubber ones last week and wanted to give it a little time/mileage before providing my thoughts.

My personal opinion is that they are great quality, well thought out design-wise, and well presented but priced a bit more than is necessary. These are worth looking at when replacing worn out factory ones with something similar and long lasting but in my case with already having the poly ones I can't say they are worth the cost.

Since I had already removed the factory pressed together bushings I didn't use their two removal sleeves so can't comment on those beyond saying it's nice they included them.

Removal of the old and installation of the new was straightforward. The core support hardware changes in that it's no longer a bolt from the bottom and a separate nut from the top. Instead it's like the other mounts where the bolt goes down from the top (maybe this is how later years were from the factory?).

None of these have a built-in nut on the bottom to put a socket on but I didn't have any issues torqueing them down from the top/cab by myself.

Once torqued down they are quite a bit shorter than the poly ones and a little shorter than factory. With poly I had to shim my bed up 1/4". I removed those shims after installing the S&B and thought it lined up well. After getting it outside and driving it a big though it looks like I need to shim the rear mounts up a bit - they provide plenty of shims to address this. This is why I am saying they are shorter than factory. For me this means removing half the rear seat again to access the bolts so haven't felt like doing that yet.

As far as ride goes I am not a good judge for feeling stuff like this unless it is to an extreme but it does feel a little smoother than with the poly.

Unfortunately for me it didn't have any impact on my creaking noise when the truck is twisting so admittedly that's a big part in why I can't say it was a worthwhile use of time and money despite knowing there was a chance it wouldn't fix it. :nabble_smiley_uh:

In then end, if you want the best out there I'd say these are them. If you want to save your money and get rubber or poly replacements, I don't think you'd ever miss not having these.

As a side note - for anyone going to rubber or poly and not wanting to make your own factory bushing separators, I am happy to lend these out.

Good report. Thanks.

Thanks for the honest review!

Bummer about the creaking. Did their install instructions mention anything about lubricating the contact surface, or have you tried that as part of your troubleshooting? My poly kit came with a small packet of grease.

For the record, I put my money where my mouth is and ordered these back in March. I couldn't suggest them and not be one of the testers!

Bummer about the creaking. Did their install instructions mention anything about lubricating the contact surface, or have you tried that as part of your troubleshooting? My poly kit came with a small packet of grease.

For the record, I put my money where my mouth is and ordered these back in March. I couldn't suggest them and not be one of the testers!

Have you received yours? I followed up with them fairly regularly and one day they told me that they were shipping now but my Paypal payment had essentially timed out. Guess since there was such a long delay between placing the order and them shipping. They had to send me another invoice.

No mention of lubrication. No instructions besides some diagrams that showed the part numbers and torque.

Most complaints about noise with poly mounts do seem to be squeaking at the mount itself so the grease makes sense (in moderation at least, right Gary? :nabble_anim_blbl:). For me it sounds like it's coming from the passenger door - fender area despite checking and tightening those bolts. I'd hoped the silicone mounts would let the body move together a bit better and maybe it does but not enough to stop the creaking. :nabble_anim_confused:

Have you received yours? I followed up with them fairly regularly and one day they told me that they were shipping now but my Paypal payment had essentially timed out. Guess since there was such a long delay between placing the order and them shipping. They had to send me another invoice.

No mention of lubrication. No instructions besides some diagrams that showed the part numbers and torque.

Most complaints about noise with poly mounts do seem to be squeaking at the mount itself so the grease makes sense (in moderation at least, right Gary? :nabble_anim_blbl:). For me it sounds like it's coming from the passenger door - fender area despite checking and tightening those bolts. I'd hoped the silicone mounts would let the body move together a bit better and maybe it does but not enough to stop the creaking. :nabble_anim_confused:

I received mine but I haven’t installed them yet, and it will be a while honestly. It did take over a month to manufacture them and ship them though, although they did call me and email me within two weeks after shipping to see if I was happy with him which was nice

Yes, in moderation. Otherwise you can crank that thing down to any size you want. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I received mine but I haven’t installed them yet, and it will be a while honestly. It did take over a month to manufacture them and ship them though, although they did call me and email me within two weeks after shipping to see if I was happy with him which was nice

The followup call was a nice touch.

I started to add the spacers to mine last night. The second and third row bolts on the driver side came out without issue and without requiring additional hands.

The first one (core support) spun on me and I ended up wrapping the jaws of some water pump pliers in electrical tape and holding on to the bottom half while my wife used the ratchet above.

While I realize these should be an install once and done type thing, I called S&B to at least mention it and make the suggestion that a nut (without threads) or even a square hole for an extension be added to the bottom half if it was made such that it was lower than the bolt.

I finally received mine, dropped shipped to me in Alberta through one of my go-to aftermarket suppliers.

Won’t be going on anytime soon but here’s a pic!

F3499FCF-FB61-4AA7-BED1-F506247FC636.thumb.jpeg.418b28b795b119ea4b018b1c8c35219b.jpeg