Bullnose Forums

Certification Label Info

This is bizarre. BB's label says F0403 and T0157. Like Darth's, the total is less, far less, than the front. And here are the appropriate pages from the '85 owner's guide.

So, what am I missing here?

Darth's is the same way, GVWR is 10,000 lbs. front GAWR is 3900 lbs. rear GAWR is 7400 lbs. giving a total of 11,300 lbs. ???

Now though BB has 1 ton front springs and axle, I wonder what the front value was for that combination? It is very interesting. I will have to get the set that stays in Darth and look at all 3 (86 F350 CC DRW 2WD 460/C6, 90 F250 SC LB 2WD 460/E4OD and 96 F350 CC DRW 2WD PSD/E4OD) I do have a picture of the 1996 cert label.

IMG_1869.thumb.jpg.11af7d64ded13e25a2ee51d7a401391d.jpg

Gary, FWIW, Darth has F0335 and T0270 then 23 under those two in that block.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n89210/IMGP0080_copy.jpg

That’s odd that the total is less than that of the front.

My manual has that same view that Rembrant shows up above but as you can see in mine they omitted that bit of info which is what made me wonder. Learn something new everyday it seems. It would have been nice if they could have gotten together and put all this info out there in all the manuals instead of parts and pieces here and there. Thanks for all the info.

20210222_091156.jpg.16c199ed2771feeb6d2b45ade1503ef6.jpg

:nabble_thinking-26_orig::nabble_anim_confused::nabble_anim_crazy:
Would have been a heck of a thing to put 600+ lbs on it and then drive around with no swaybars and the little 215 tires. It was sketchy enough to drive empty that way LOL.
I think what we are missing is that Ford knew the base weight of vehicles and how that was distributed over the axles. And then they added the weight of each accessory that was ordered with the vehicle, using the table below. And somehow that was represented on the certification label.

But what I'm seeing doesn't make sense, at least to me. Can someone help me? If we can sort it I could add the explanation and this document to the web page.

My manual has that same view that Rembrant shows up above but as you can see in mine they omitted that bit of info which is what made me wonder. Learn something new everyday it seems. It would have been nice if they could have gotten together and put all this info out there in all the manuals instead of parts and pieces here and there. Thanks for all the info.

I just went and looked in my 81 owners manual and yep its in there like what Gary has posted above. I would have never thought the owners manual would have had more info than the shop manual but its there non the less. Should have looked in there first but just never crossed my mind to do so.:nabble_anim_crazy: