Bullnose Forums

Certification Label Info

I have researched my cert label and seemed to have been able to figure it all out from the Specifications tab up top but these two sets of numbers seem to be a mystery. Anyone else have one similar with letters and numbers in that area that may know what they represent? F0196, T0677

Inked100_0198_1_LI.jpg.8ae6856f39405ad6f300f10339aa5e97.jpg

I don't know is the honest answer.

However, if you look at our page on Documentation/Specifications/DSO Codes you'll see that special order codes are supposed to be 6 digits long and yours are 5. Plus, the first two digits are supposed to be the # of the district sales office from which the vehicle was ordered. And since one is F0 and one is T0 then it can't be special order codes.

However, if you look at the bottom of the page you'll see pics you can click on. One of those shows an example of codes in that box being the "Accessory Reserve Load" and it shows that the codes will be FO for Front and RO for Rear. I'm wondering if yours is Front and Total. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Then yours has "260397" which would fit with a special order, and the district sales office would be New Orleans.

I don't know is the honest answer.

However, if you look at our page on Documentation/Specifications/DSO Codes you'll see that special order codes are supposed to be 6 digits long and yours are 5. Plus, the first two digits are supposed to be the # of the district sales office from which the vehicle was ordered. And since one is F0 and one is T0 then it can't be special order codes.

However, if you look at the bottom of the page you'll see pics you can click on. One of those shows an example of codes in that box being the "Accessory Reserve Load" and it shows that the codes will be FO for Front and RO for Rear. I'm wondering if yours is Front and Total. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Then yours has "260397" which would fit with a special order, and the district sales office would be New Orleans.

Yes I have the Ford sheet and it is a special order 0397 and I came to the same conclusion it was New Orleans also but the ones above it had me stumped. I did go back and look and found what you where referring to and got to say I have not a clue what a reserve load would be or how the numbers listed play into that.:nabble_anim_confused:

Anyone else have one similar with letters and numbers in that area that may know what they represent? F0196, T0677

They represent the front axle reserve capacity in pounds, and the total vehicle reserve capacity in pounds.

certlabel.jpg.f42e4a4e014ee28a5de2e406f23a5b6e.jpg

2425.jpg.34fc9200a57352171381bc8121234ad9.jpg

Think of it like this: The reserve capacity of the axles is the amount (in weight) that can be permanently added to the truck, before it would be considered to be over its rated empty capacity. For the guys like me with a little 2wd Flareside, you wonder what in the heck would anybody add to the front axle??...But it is referring to things like aftermarket bumpers, bush bars, winches, snow plows, etc. Total vehicle could be something like a ladder rack or boat rack, headache rack, tool box, etc.

It's the way all manufacturers rate their vehicles. If your front axle reserve capacity is only 27 lbs (like it is on my 1984 Flareside), then I couldn't install a 150 lb bumper and then go complain to the Ford dealer about unusual tire wear on the front end. They'd look at my truck and say warranty denied.

Anyone else have one similar with letters and numbers in that area that may know what they represent? F0196, T0677

They represent the front axle reserve capacity in pounds, and the total vehicle reserve capacity in pounds.

Think of it like this: The reserve capacity of the axles is the amount (in weight) that can be permanently added to the truck, before it would be considered to be over its rated empty capacity. For the guys like me with a little 2wd Flareside, you wonder what in the heck would anybody add to the front axle??...But it is referring to things like aftermarket bumpers, bush bars, winches, snow plows, etc. Total vehicle could be something like a ladder rack or boat rack, headache rack, tool box, etc.

It's the way all manufacturers rate their vehicles. If your front axle reserve capacity is only 27 lbs (like it is on my 1984 Flareside), then I couldn't install a 150 lb bumper and then go complain to the Ford dealer about unusual tire wear on the front end. They'd look at my truck and say warranty denied.

Cory - Where did you find that illustration? We have several on the page linked to above, but that is the best I've seen. May I use it?

And do you which trucks got the info there? Was it just trucks that were already close to the limit?

Cory - Where did you find that illustration? We have several on the page linked to above, but that is the best I've seen. May I use it?

And do you which trucks got the info there? Was it just trucks that were already close to the limit?

Gary, FWIW, Darth has F0335 and T0270 then 23 under those two in that block.

IMGP0080_copy.thumb.jpg.d1075b91d463855a118e2e3503617af6.jpg

Gary,

They are snips from my 1984 FSM. I can get you better ones out of the 85 FSM, it is much clearer, like a modern PDF. I just have a habit of going to my ‘84 manual. Not sure which trucks showed this rating...maybe just the lighter trucks? Are the numbers not present on the 250’s?

I bet if you look in a newer F150 owners manual or info packet you will see more details on this axle reserve capacity weight rating. There is a little blurb about it in my 1980 manual, I think that’s the only one I have.

Gary, FWIW, Darth has F0335 and T0270 then 23 under those two in that block.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n89210/IMGP0080_copy.jpg

That’s odd that the total is less than that of the front.

This is bizarre. BB's label says F0403 and T0157. Like Darth's, the total is less, far less, than the front. And here are the appropriate pages from the '85 owner's guide.

So, what am I missing here?

1985_Owner_Guide_-_Accessory_Reserve.thumb.jpg.cbf31f5293b5e8f0202a4eb9dd7202d3.jpg1985_Owner_Guide_-_PG_56.thumb.jpg.ee3e6b8c3640c6b07cd27ed78135b954.jpg