Bullnose Forums

Auto Gear Shift Selector Indicator Mechanism

Machspeed

Good to hear! As a former machinist, I am always curious about how things are made. I'm also quite critical in construction. Glad to have you here among us and thank you for producing this part.

Hey, Just a quick update on these cable assemblies. We are moving our sales to a new online store and wanted to make sure anyone who stumbles on this thread has the correct link.

https://bluetruckparts.com/products/shift-indicator-cable-for-1980-1986-ford-trucks-and-broncos

We've done some minor re-designs to the end pieces to make them even stronger. I'm adding a quick picture to show the newest version.

IMG_20211116_104147324.jpg.9efc5fdbacaebd8b36b01172255059c3.jpg

Hey, Just a quick update on these cable assemblies. We are moving our sales to a new online store and wanted to make sure anyone who stumbles on this thread has the correct link.

https://bluetruckparts.com/products/shift-indicator-cable-for-1980-1986-ford-trucks-and-broncos

We've done some minor re-designs to the end pieces to make them even stronger. I'm adding a quick picture to show the newest version.

Thanks for updating it. Would be a shame for someone to want one and not be able to contact you.

• 1 month later...

Well, my fishing line trick failed in the cold. One good shift on a cold morning snapped it like celery. I'm fixing it "correctly" and I ordered one!

To the seller/maker regarding the part listing: I have an AOD... which is the stock overdrive option for Bullnoses. E40D wasn't until later (but is a somewhat common upgrade!). AFAIK it's the same cable assembly (same column, same needle other than going P R N (D) D 1), so it ought to fit. Will confirm once installed.

Well, my fishing line trick failed in the cold. One good shift on a cold morning snapped it like celery. I'm fixing it "correctly" and I ordered one!

To the seller/maker regarding the part listing: I have an AOD... which is the stock overdrive option for Bullnoses. E40D wasn't until later (but is a somewhat common upgrade!). AFAIK it's the same cable assembly (same column, same needle other than going P R N (D) D 1), so it ought to fit. Will confirm once installed.

Yes, the cable is the same for the C6 and AOD. Other then the letters on the front the indicators are identical as well. So you should be good to go with the new cable. Let me know if you have any questions.

Yes, the cable is the same for the C6 and AOD. Other then the letters on the front the indicators are identical as well. So you should be good to go with the new cable. Let me know if you have any questions.

Wanted to provide an update on this product and the product creator. I think I was one of the early purchaser's of this and had some concerns regarding the crimp joint. There is discussion in this thread on that between the maker (thisoldpart) and myself. Indeed, not long after I installed it, the crimp joint failed. As such, I sent him an email in regards to the failed joint and his response was, "it should not have done that, I'll send you out another". I very promptly received the new kit (2-3 days after notification) and noted the much improved crimp joint. I installed it and have not had issue since. That said, I'm very pleased with the product and the integrity of this fine gentleman. Thanks again for providing us with this and so much more.

Wanted to provide an update on this product and the product creator. I think I was one of the early purchaser's of this and had some concerns regarding the crimp joint. There is discussion in this thread on that between the maker (thisoldpart) and myself. Indeed, not long after I installed it, the crimp joint failed. As such, I sent him an email in regards to the failed joint and his response was, "it should not have done that, I'll send you out another". I very promptly received the new kit (2-3 days after notification) and noted the much improved crimp joint. I installed it and have not had issue since. That said, I'm very pleased with the product and the integrity of this fine gentleman. Thanks again for providing us with this and so much more.

:nabble_smiley_good: