Bullnose Forums

1988 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 53K Miles

Nice looking truck

It is a nice looking truck. But isn't the price a bit high? It doesn't have a turbo and has a C6 with 4.10 gears, so it is going to be thirsty. And maybe slow?

I don't know, I'm just thinking it will be from what I've read. But I've not had a diesel, much less that combo.

It is a nice looking truck. But isn't the price a bit high? It doesn't have a turbo and has a C6 with 4.10 gears, so it is going to be thirsty. And maybe slow?

I don't know, I'm just thinking it will be from what I've read. But I've not had a diesel, much less that combo.

Pre-Powerstroke 7.3's are notoriously under-performing. The C6 robs most of the little power that engine makes, so it's definitely an undesirable combo for anybody who cares about performance. I'm sure it'll pull a house down so it has that going for it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Pre-Powerstroke 7.3's are notoriously under-performing. The C6 robs most of the little power that engine makes, so it's definitely an undesirable combo for anybody who cares about performance. I'm sure it'll pull a house down so it has that going for it. :nabble_smiley_good:

That was my point, exactly.

But, there's another aspect to the "slow" I mentioned. With 4.10 gears and the ~300 RPM slippage in the C6 coupled with the limited RPM of the engine you aren't going anywhere very fast. With 33" tires it'll be taching 3000 RPM at 65 MPH. As said, I've not had a diesel, but my reading says that RPM is pushing it.

That was my point, exactly.

But, there's another aspect to the "slow" I mentioned. With 4.10 gears and the ~300 RPM slippage in the C6 coupled with the limited RPM of the engine you aren't going anywhere very fast. With 33" tires it'll be taching 3000 RPM at 65 MPH. As said, I've not had a diesel, but my reading says that RPM is pushing it.

Not to mention that the 6.9/ 7.3 is governed to 3300 rpm