Bullnose Forums

Dash grounds

old55pete

I keep talking about the grounds in the dash and folks keep asking for pictures of them. I had the dash apart to repair the dirvirter door in the HVAC. So here they are. The first one is looking through the radio mounting hole, up and to the left. In my case, just above the ECMDash_ground_stud.jpg.5f5589c75307553973090107a31bd34c.jpg

The second one is looking down and right through the radio mounting hole, the two are connected through the harness but this one is the main dash ground for the gauges and such. I am sorry this is fuzzy, but I circuled the boltdash_gorund2.jpg.43f01ef825093b53ef44b15d419d15a5.jpg

Hey Steve - I must have missed the previous comments on these. I know the one to the right of the radio is a big one but the first photo - is that a factory one in your truck (due to computer)? I am using that piece of sheet metal to hold my ground bar (fed directly from the battery) but don't recall seeing a factory ground going there.

Hey Steve - I must have missed the previous comments on these. I know the one to the right of the radio is a big one but the first photo - is that a factory one in your truck (due to computer)? I am using that piece of sheet metal to hold my ground bar (fed directly from the battery) but don't recall seeing a factory ground going there.

I have to assume it is factory as the harness is built to it and not something I added