Bullnose Forums

Can somebody tell me the measurements of the hood letters?

Rembrant

Gentelmen,

Would one of you with an 80-81 truck be kind enough to measure the hood letters for me?

The height and width of the F would be fine, as they should all be the same. I found a used set locally and want to make sure they are correct. Thanks in advance.

_57_(1).jpg.843c81ed0ad2691dc0534f2ebd7a88ab.jpg

So I bought a set of used letters. They were cheap, and I didn't want to stick shiny new hood letters on this ratty old truck. (Still, I'm fussy enough that I'd prefer them to be on there).

Which leads me to my question...how do they attach? Do they have pins/posts on the backs of the letters? If yes, then I guess that is a problem as this truck has been painted and I assume the holes were filled in.

I guess I can double sided tape them? Or should one drill new holes? (or re-drill the old holes?)

So I bought a set of used letters. They were cheap, and I didn't want to stick shiny new hood letters on this ratty old truck. (Still, I'm fussy enough that I'd prefer them to be on there).

Which leads me to my question...how do they attach? Do they have pins/posts on the backs of the letters? If yes, then I guess that is a problem as this truck has been painted and I assume the holes were filled in.

I guess I can double sided tape them? Or should one drill new holes? (or re-drill the old holes?)

Pretty sure they have pins, and we have something about them, so I'll go looking. In this post Dave says the pins are .125" but his retainers didn't work. And beyond that I'm not finding anything, yet...

But the next question you'll have is the spacing, so read here.

Pretty sure they have pins, and we have something about them, so I'll go looking. In this post Dave says the pins are .125" but his retainers didn't work. And beyond that I'm not finding anything, yet...

But the next question you'll have is the spacing, so read here.

Numberdummy says they are 385417-S .. Barrel Clip / Obsolete: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1213109-79-hood-letter.html

JBG has some: https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Ford-Letters-Emblem-Barrel-Clips/productinfo/28209/