Bullnose Forums

Steering column services

• 2 weeks later...

I had the money and not the time.. i have hunted down so much stuff for this Bronco in the last month i just could bear to tear the column down!!

Oh I get it. I had lots of time because my truck wasn't going anywhere when I took the column apart. By the time I sorted out what parts I needed, sourced them and waited for them to arrive, my steering column was out of service for a solid month.

I think you'll be happy with it when you get it back and installed.

So the column is installed and looks pretty. It feels good and everything seems to work. It is a world away from the old one. It feels brand new.

If I had more time I would have rebuilt/painted my old one. With that said, they shipped an excellent product to me super quick and provided instructions. This saved me a few days without a doubt. My sole complaint is regarding the tilt lever and shift lever supplied were black not chrome, so those are going back.

Once I have it on the road I will update again. As noted in my project thread I also updated the intermediate shaft for borgeson unit, so this should feel nice and tight as long as the steering box is not shot!