Bullnose Forums

Dreded 460 fuel mileage

As far as highway mileage goes weight doesn't matter much unless you're headed UP.

It does matter in stop & go because all that momentum you turned into brake heat needs to be replaced.

More air under the truck is going to make a difference.

David's mileage records w/wo chin spoiler show how much difference even a little change can make.

My truck weighs right around 6000 with my big Weatherguard toolbox, the stuff in it and me.

My truck weighs right around 6000 with my big Weatherguard toolbox, the stuff in it and me.

Jim - It all adds up, and I've put a lot of "stuff" in and on Big Blue, with more to come like the air compressor. Then there's all the equipment that will go in the storage unit behind the seat.

And, the extra 4" in front height from the D60/SD/RSK certainly doesn't help the MPG. But, the ride is sooooo much better I'll happily give up some MPG.

Dane - I'll weigh BB one of these days - after I get the compressor installed. I'm going to guess that the Warn bumper, winch, extra battery, inverter, compressor, sound deadening, fancy headliner, and the little bit of extra copper wiring that Jim mentioned it may come in close to 7000 lbs. :nabble_smiley_oh: