Bullnose Forum

Poll: Air Cleaner Decals

LARIAT 85

Which style of air cleaner decal do you like better?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which style of air cleaner decal do you like better?

Thanks to Rembrandt, I finally got a 1983 style air cleaner decal that actually fits the air cleaner. :nabble_smiley_good: This is the style I originally wanted, but the multiple ones I purchased in the past just didn't fit right. So I ended up using the 1984/1985 style which fit perfectly the first time. I like this style well enough, and I suppose it is actually the "correct" style for a 1985 model Ford.

Anyway, I put the decal on a chrome [Mustang SVO] air cleaner lid, and I think it gives the air cleaner a totally different look. But now I can't decide which style I like better. What do you think?

1983 (with chrome SVO lid):

thumbnail_KIMG0525.thumb.jpg.df29efbb34d2e9e085f8f27721ea1eb6.jpg

1984/1985 (with stock aluminum lid):

thumbnail_KIMG0524.thumb.jpg.2895e1a4f276da7bf383a03ba51146bc.jpg

Rick - I know how much you like originality, but since neither of them are original I went for the chrome one as I think it is prettier. (But you need a different nut for that one.)

Thanks for your input!

I have a chrome style wingnut that came with the lid, but it isn't the OEM style two-piece "locking" wingnut that prevents damage to the lid.

Thanks for your input!

I have a chrome style wingnut that came with the lid, but it isn't the OEM style two-piece "locking" wingnut that prevents damage to the lid.

I like the aluminum lid, I think it blends better. At least in the photos! Both look good though.