Bullnose Forums

Poll: Air Cleaner Decals

LARIAT 85
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks to Rembrandt, I finally got a 1983 style air cleaner decal that actually fits the air cleaner. :nabble_smiley_good: This is the style I originally wanted, but the multiple ones I purchased in the past just didn't fit right. So I ended up using the 1984/1985 style which fit perfectly the first time. I like this style well enough, and I suppose it is actually the "correct" style for a 1985 model Ford.

Anyway, I put the decal on a chrome [Mustang SVO] air cleaner lid, and I think it gives the air cleaner a totally different look. But now I can't decide which style I like better. What do you think?

1983 (with chrome SVO lid):

thumbnail_KIMG0525.thumb.jpg.df29efbb34d2e9e085f8f27721ea1eb6.jpg

1984/1985 (with stock aluminum lid):

thumbnail_KIMG0524.thumb.jpg.2895e1a4f276da7bf383a03ba51146bc.jpg

Rick - I know how much you like originality, but since neither of them are original I went for the chrome one as I think it is prettier. (But you need a different nut for that one.)

Thanks for your input!

I have a chrome style wingnut that came with the lid, but it isn't the OEM style two-piece "locking" wingnut that prevents damage to the lid.

Thanks for your input!

I have a chrome style wingnut that came with the lid, but it isn't the OEM style two-piece "locking" wingnut that prevents damage to the lid.

I like the aluminum lid, I think it blends better. At least in the photos! Both look good though.