Bullnose Forums

1995 Ford F-350 White 4WD Automatic

That’s nice. But I’ve been amazed lately at how many people are saying these rigs have a C6 transmission.

Yes, many say "C6". But some say "AOD". Neither are right. It is an E4OD in this case, far better than the C6 for use.

I wish more of the '96 CA 460 trucks had been made. That would make me think.

Yes, many say "C6". But some say "AOD". Neither are right. It is an E4OD in this case, far better than the C6 for use.

I wish more of the '96 CA 460 trucks had been made. That would make me think.

What are those? California trucks?

Yes, California. This site says "OBD II—This more rigorous OBD regulation started to be phased-in in 1994. Since 1996, its implementation has been required on all new gasoline and alternate fuel passenger cars and trucks sold in California. All 1997 and newer diesel fueled passenger cars and trucks are also required to meet OBD II requirements." So the '96 460's sold in CA had to have it, and the way to do that was EEC-V, which used MAF and SEFI.

Most people don't know that any 460's came with it, and Bill has had people tell him he was wrong when he said he has an ECU from one. But they existed. Just like unicorns did. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes, California. This site says "OBD II—This more rigorous OBD regulation started to be phased-in in 1994. Since 1996, its implementation has been required on all new gasoline and alternate fuel passenger cars and trucks sold in California. All 1997 and newer diesel fueled passenger cars and trucks are also required to meet OBD II requirements." So the '96 460's sold in CA had to have it, and the way to do that was EEC-V, which used MAF and SEFI.

Most people don't know that any 460's came with it, and Bill has had people tell him he was wrong when he said he has an ECU from one. But they existed. Just like unicorns did. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Ok, I wouldn’t mind having a MAF 460!

And I would be hesitant to tell Bill he’s wrong about something like that. But, the world has plenty of those kind and I’ve probably been one myself at one time or another!

If I find a MAF 351 or 460 in good shape I hope I can jump on it.

Ok, I wouldn’t mind having a MAF 460!

And I would be hesitant to tell Bill he’s wrong about something like that. But, the world has plenty of those kind and I’ve probably been one myself at one time or another!

If I find a MAF 351 or 460 in good shape I hope I can jump on it.

Anything sold in CA from '96 on should be MAF. I know that some of the EEC-IV systems had an OBD-II connector but they weren't functional. So it should have to be an EEC-V system if sold from '96 on, and that means MAF and SEFI.

Anything sold in CA from '96 on should be MAF. I know that some of the EEC-IV systems had an OBD-II connector but they weren't functional. So it should have to be an EEC-V system if sold from '96 on, and that means MAF and SEFI.

That's a $10k truck at best with the way they lifted the front of it. The kits from Sky are $500 and would be an easy bolt on for that truck once you ditch the rivets on the rear spring hangers and drill the holes out front. But noooooo somebody cheaped out. :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

That's a $10k truck at best with the way they lifted the front of it. The kits from Sky are $500 and would be an easy bolt on for that truck once you ditch the rivets on the rear spring hangers and drill the holes out front. But noooooo somebody cheaped out. :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Quick flips. No knowledge about truck. Big rims. Theyre out fishing.

But to Garys point, this was the last year OBS truck, kind of a golden year. Ive always wanted a 300 I6 from this year for the same reasons. I wonder how effective retrofitting OBDII is/was. Most manufacturers just ditched their pre OBDII engines, and Ive had a couple first gen OBDII motors where the not all the codes march up. Still beats watching an engine light flash morse code on the dash though.