Bullnose Forums

1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab 7.5L XLT Manual 5 Speed 4x4 Longbed

Nice truck. Unfortunately it is the 49-state version with EEC-IV and bank-fire with speed density. You can tell that by the two hoses running right up to the air box. An EEC-V with SEFI and MAF would have the MAF sensor where the red circle is and a single hose running towards the engine.

Not that there is anything wrong with EEC-IV, but EEC-V is more forgiving when you make changes and has OBD-II for maintaining it down the road.

1997_F250_With_EEC-IV.thumb.jpg.2c413a6541905fd5cd93dc44f0fdea81.jpg

Nice truck. Unfortunately it is the 49-state version with EEC-IV and bank-fire with speed density. You can tell that by the two hoses running right up to the air box. An EEC-V with SEFI and MAF would have the MAF sensor where the red circle is and a single hose running towards the engine.

Not that there is anything wrong with EEC-IV, but EEC-V is more forgiving when you make changes and has OBD-II for maintaining it down the road.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87569/1997_F250_With_EEC-IV.jpg

Interesting. I was wondering about that but couldn’t tell from the pictures. But I don’t know if I’ve seen a 460 with a MAF. Your circle helps!

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87569/1997_F250_With_EEC-IV.jpg

Interesting. I was wondering about that but couldn’t tell from the pictures. But I don’t know if I’ve seen a 460 with a MAF. Your circle helps!

Here's an EEC-V air box lid with the studs for mounting the MAF sensor. From there a single hose goes out to about where you see the connector is in the pic above. There's a Y there that goes from the single large hose from MAF sensor to the two smaller hoses that go to the throttle body.

EEC-V_Air_Cleaner_Top_with_-IV_Bottom_Assembled.thumb.jpg.014ed6f56aebb30bd044f7a823104051.jpg

Here's an EEC-V air box lid with the studs for mounting the MAF sensor. From there a single hose goes out to about where you see the connector is in the pic above. There's a Y there that goes from the single large hose from MAF sensor to the two smaller hoses that go to the throttle body.

Ok. That 97 looks like my 94 did. Now I know what to look for.