Bullnose Forums

recent trucks sold

Rusty_S85

Makes you wonder... wonder how hard to find titles in that place? I guess folks could buy them as part of their restoration?

Yep some are being sold as parts, as far as titles goes, considering they were never technically owned nor technically registered you can do a bonded title and get a title for any of them that will be stamped Bonded Title and after 3 years youll get a clear title.

I am amazed at the prices of 80's vehicles recently but have to agree with one of the earlier posters. I would believe they fetch more money when they are close to stock condition and tasteful mods are definitely questionable. Highly modified vehicles start to fall into a niche market and can be super hard to sell due to the amount of people interested.

I have an 86 B2 that is heavily modded for rock crawling. It has a 4.0L/A4LD swap with a 1350/1350 transfer case doubler. Full width 79 D44 front axle with all the chromoly goodies and a rear aftermarket D60 with all the chromoly goodies. All sorts of other goodies like winch etc. A vehicle like this is hard to sell and only people that are into the sport would be interested. I am not going to get top dollar on a rig that is purpose built. Same would go for a Honda for example that is built like the import scene likes. Most are gonna want a nice commuter, not a cambered out car with a giant wing and a fart can exhaust.

130.jpg.4edcd31baa77a3aa15344d5f671d4b0a.jpg

I am amazed at the prices of 80's vehicles recently but have to agree with one of the earlier posters. I would believe they fetch more money when they are close to stock condition and tasteful mods are definitely questionable. Highly modified vehicles start to fall into a niche market and can be super hard to sell due to the amount of people interested.

I have an 86 B2 that is heavily modded for rock crawling. It has a 4.0L/A4LD swap with a 1350/1350 transfer case doubler. Full width 79 D44 front axle with all the chromoly goodies and a rear aftermarket D60 with all the chromoly goodies. All sorts of other goodies like winch etc. A vehicle like this is hard to sell and only people that are into the sport would be interested. I am not going to get top dollar on a rig that is purpose built. Same would go for a Honda for example that is built like the import scene likes. Most are gonna want a nice commuter, not a cambered out car with a giant wing and a fart can exhaust.

Valid points! :nabble_smiley_good:

Valid points! :nabble_smiley_good:

My opinion is that this gen truck doesn't lend itself to a lot of "eye candy". Yes a set of wheels and tires are nice add ons. But not much else. The grille is as plain as they come I think. Just like the 84 Dodge I had that these are often compared to. And drivetrain mods are like others have said - they are niche. But they are almost simple as an anvil to work on. Especially if you live in a state where smog tests aren't required. Heck, NC doesn't even require a safety inspection over 35 years old. Mine looks like smog pump and cat have been removed.

Stock/original/restored are going to sell bigger on these than a bunch of mods. They aren't hot rods. Mine will hopefully be a useful truck that won't be embarrassing at a cruise in soon. 4x4s will bring more as well just cause they are more manly? lol.