Bullnose Forums

recent trucks sold

Rusty_S85

Considering the truck had a card in the windshield stating the purchaser was "Sharon Telephone Company", you can pretty much throw out the dealership story. See photo below.

As for the window sticker, could have been replaced. But could also be original. New vehicles on the lot usually have miles on them from being test driven. It's very possible this truck racked up around 76 miles while in possession of Frontier Ford, and then was sold to STC where it was driven to their warehouse and then parked. I think the window sticker was probably in the glovebox, and then the seller stuck it to the window for the pictures. There's a very thin chance that a dealer would have held onto this truck for forty years without selling it. This was bare bones truck that wouldn't have been worth keeping.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87464/1972_ford_f-250_1609216553d565ef66e7dff9f1972_ford_f-250_16092165529f98764da32754353-3a0a-478f-b01f-b924197d6f09-mfMHDl-scaled.jpg

See photos like that are not posted on the ford truck groups I am on all you ever see is the window sticker or the one I posted above, no photos of the interior and nothing else.

As far as the dealership goes, it depends, theres an AMC I think it is dealership that still has a bunch of new unsold AMC cars rotting away on the so called lot to this day and its all still privately owned and is still technically considered opened but I wouldnt consider it still open.

If an AMC dealership closed when AMC went out of business years ago and is still holding onto the cars now more like a junkyard, I wouldnt think it would be too out of the realm of a dealership holding onto a bare bones run of the mill work truck for 30 years.

There is also a Chevrolet dealership, every car they didnt sell at the end of the model year got moved to storage, they took and back in 2013 opened that storage up and auctioned off 500 new chevrolet cars that never was sold with under 20 miles on the odometer. The cars in storage some of which wwere a 64 2dr impala with 4.4 miles on the odometer, a red 63 impala with undisclosed miliage with seats still covered in plastic, some 55, 57, 59, 63 chevrolet belairs in 4dr, or a corvair, etc

Just for the sake of putting the story of this truck to bed, I did some digging based off of the below photo of the truck when it was first discovered, and I found where I believe the truck was sitting for forty years. It was in Sharon, WI just one block away from the registered address of Sharon Telephone Company shown on the card affixed to the windshield of the truck.

Note some of the building features like the brick work, light poles, and concrete sidewalk. The green bench and the newspaper box are a perfect match.

1972_ford_f-250_16119507515451c97573a016318022-scaled_(1).jpg.2bceec39434b913ad43801854354bb14.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-03_222725.jpg.1fa86698a39778b765cfbf6436628216.jpg

Just for the sake of putting the story of this truck to bed, I did some digging based off of the below photo of the truck when it was first discovered, and I found where I believe the truck was sitting for forty years. It was in Sharon, WI just one block away from the registered address of Sharon Telephone Company shown on the card affixed to the windshield of the truck.

Note some of the building features like the brick work, light poles, and concrete sidewalk. The green bench and the newspaper box are a perfect match.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87468/1972_ford_f-250_16119507515451c97573a016318022-scaled_%281%29.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87468/Screenshot_2021-02-03_222725.jpg

Interesting, but I doubt that garage was heated, I found the youtube video and the little I watched the guy claims it was kept in heated storage. That looks like a plain old garage.

Still seems like it is legit with what has been provided. I didnt have time to go digging I just relied off what was posted on the group I am in. I dont even have time to go digging for photos of the bassani 3" Y pipe I am leaning towards using on my truck to see how it compares to the OE pipe nor have I had time to do any more parts gathering for my 4x4 conversion to decide if its worth it or not nor sourcing more wire to build my auxiliary harness.

But what I saw posted gives me hope that our trucks will become more popular very soon and hopefully we can see better selection of parts for our trucks. I know when I started looking no dash pad was offered in anything but white or black now they have colors. Im hopeful they will start offering reproduction things such as dealer A/C evaporator cases, or plastic dash shells for those of us with split cracked dash shells or new steering wheel assemblies with cruise.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87468/1972_ford_f-250_16119507515451c97573a016318022-scaled_%281%29.jpg

Haha, excellent work! That's pretty cool.

Haha, excellent work! That's pretty cool.

It is, I was envisioning something a lot worse than that to be honest. I am really curious how ever about the guy that did the youtube video before the truck was put up on auction and his statement that the truck was kept in a heated storage/shop/garage

I am really curious how ever about the guy that did the youtube video before the truck was put up on auction and his statement that the truck was kept in a heated storage/shop/garage

Well, that space would be considered a storage area for sure. It's not much of a garage considering you'd have to hop the curb to drive in and out...but a lot can change in 41 years, including concrete curbs;). And, in Wisconsin, I'd imagine that storage space would be heated as well...maybe not to room temperature, but it would have been kept above freezing temps for sure.

I keep my truck in my garage all winter, and the heat is usually left at 50f when I'm not in there. So, while it is not overly warm out there, it is still heated.

I am really curious how ever about the guy that did the youtube video before the truck was put up on auction and his statement that the truck was kept in a heated storage/shop/garage

Well, that space would be considered a storage area for sure. It's not much of a garage considering you'd have to hop the curb to drive in and out...but a lot can change in 41 years, including concrete curbs;). And, in Wisconsin, I'd imagine that storage space would be heated as well...maybe not to room temperature, but it would have been kept above freezing temps for sure.

I keep my truck in my garage all winter, and the heat is usually left at 50f when I'm not in there. So, while it is not overly warm out there, it is still heated.

Yea I agree on the heat Cory, no way it isn't a heated space that far north and that close to the Great Lakes.

• 1 month later...

Considering the truck had a card in the windshield stating the purchaser was "Sharon Telephone Company", you can pretty much throw out the dealership story. See photo below.

As for the window sticker, could have been replaced. But could also be original. New vehicles on the lot usually have miles on them from being test driven. It's very possible this truck racked up around 76 miles while in possession of Frontier Ford, and then was sold to STC where it was driven to their warehouse and then parked. I think the window sticker was probably in the glovebox, and then the seller stuck it to the window for the pictures. There's a very thin chance that a dealer would have held onto this truck for forty years without selling it. This was bare bones truck that wouldn't have been worth keeping.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87464/1972_ford_f-250_1609216553d565ef66e7dff9f1972_ford_f-250_16092165529f98764da32754353-3a0a-478f-b01f-b924197d6f09-mfMHDl-scaled.jpg

See photos like that are not posted on the ford truck groups I am on all you ever see is the window sticker or the one I posted above, no photos of the interior and nothing else.

As far as the dealership goes, it depends, theres an AMC I think it is dealership that still has a bunch of new unsold AMC cars rotting away on the so called lot to this day and its all still privately owned and is still technically considered opened but I wouldnt consider it still open.

If an AMC dealership closed when AMC went out of business years ago and is still holding onto the cars now more like a junkyard, I wouldnt think it would be too out of the realm of a dealership holding onto a bare bones run of the mill work truck for 30 years.

There is also a Chevrolet dealership, every car they didnt sell at the end of the model year got moved to storage, they took and back in 2013 opened that storage up and auctioned off 500 new chevrolet cars that never was sold with under 20 miles on the odometer. The cars in storage some of which wwere a 64 2dr impala with 4.4 miles on the odometer, a red 63 impala with undisclosed miliage with seats still covered in plastic, some 55, 57, 59, 63 chevrolet belairs in 4dr, or a corvair, etc

Old thread but thought I'd mention that I've seen that AMC dealership or one like it. I worked "down East" in NC and was staying with an uncle til I found a house. One evening as I was exploring the ways from work to home (45 miles), I stumbled on this place. Pretty interesting. And sad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collier_Motors#:~:text=Collier%20Motors%20is%20a%20private,117%20in%20Pikeville%2C%20North%20Carolina.

Old thread but thought I'd mention that I've seen that AMC dealership or one like it. I worked "down East" in NC and was staying with an uncle til I found a house. One evening as I was exploring the ways from work to home (45 miles), I stumbled on this place. Pretty interesting. And sad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collier_Motors#:~:text=Collier%20Motors%20is%20a%20private,117%20in%20Pikeville%2C%20North%20Carolina.

Yep, claims they are selling them off but I havent really seen any photos that shows any real difference in the lot. Makes you wonder if people are even buying those junk piles. All of them would need to be restored and there are no real 70s/80s AMC restoration parts out there.

Yep, claims they are selling them off but I havent really seen any photos that shows any real difference in the lot. Makes you wonder if people are even buying those junk piles. All of them would need to be restored and there are no real 70s/80s AMC restoration parts out there.

Makes you wonder... wonder how hard to find titles in that place? I guess folks could buy them as part of their restoration?

Makes you wonder... wonder how hard to find titles in that place? I guess folks could buy them as part of their restoration?

Yep some are being sold as parts, as far as titles goes, considering they were never technically owned nor technically registered you can do a bonded title and get a title for any of them that will be stamped Bonded Title and after 3 years youll get a clear title.