Bullnose Forums

1986 f150 door window felt

Hello,

This is my first post, so thank you for your reply. My outside window felt strips were worn out so I got some off a 1987-1991 truck and I noticed that they don't go all the way to the wing type windows making a small gap. Not sure if the old ones were short as well. I can't find anyone talking about this and wondering if it's normal somehow

Welcome! Yes, if you got them for the later doors they won't fit correctly. These parts aren't expensive so I'd recommend getting the right ones if you can. And I recommend installing them with pop rivets.

So, tell us about yourself? Like, where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and could put you on it if we had a city or a ZIP.

And, tell us about your truck. In fact, why not put the pertinent details in a signature (Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's) so we won't have to ask or guess when we answer questions.

Oops. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Thanks, Scott.

I will get my signature added when I get my bearings on this site and figure out how, sounds simple enough, I'm using my phone in case I cant without a computer let me know.

Just to give you guys a explanation before I add my signature.

Its a 1986 xlt lariat thats quite a Frankenstein. I'm not rich so I'm workin with what I got.

It was red but now painted black(some spots of red are showing in the engine bay and chipped in the bed) interior is red

Its got a 302 from a drag mustang. from what I know it has a cam, long tube headers,600 cfm holley, weiman xcelerator single plane manifold, true duals with 5 inch exhaust tips. Its sitting on 37x12.5x17 mickey thompson MTX mud tires. Has about a 6inch lift from what I can tell.

A bunch of the wiring was jacked up and cut so I'm figuring out all that getting things working and the floor is rusted so I'm waiting for pans to add in. Its got a bit to go but gotta say it's pretty bad to the bone. Haven't drove it once without people talking to me about it.

So regarding my issue. What exactly is different from 1980-1996 in regards to the window and wing window sizes as that's what would have to change to make that felt piece need to be a different size?

What year range do I need one from if I don't buy new?

I will get my signature added when I get my bearings on this site and figure out how, sounds simple enough, I'm using my phone in case I cant without a computer let me know.

Just to give you guys a explanation before I add my signature.

Its a 1986 xlt lariat thats quite a Frankenstein. I'm not rich so I'm workin with what I got.

It was red but now painted black(some spots of red are showing in the engine bay and chipped in the bed) interior is red

Its got a 302 from a drag mustang. from what I know it has a cam, long tube headers,600 cfm holley, weiman xcelerator single plane manifold, true duals with 5 inch exhaust tips. Its sitting on 37x12.5x17 mickey thompson MTX mud tires. Has about a 6inch lift from what I can tell.

A bunch of the wiring was jacked up and cut so I'm figuring out all that getting things working and the floor is rusted so I'm waiting for pans to add in. Its got a bit to go but gotta say it's pretty bad to the bone. Haven't drove it once without people talking to me about it.

So regarding my issue. What exactly is different from 1980-1996 in regards to the window and wing window sizes as that's what would have to change to make that felt piece need to be a different size?

What year range do I need one from if I don't buy new?

That black vertical strip of metal that has the chrome square the vent window latch slides over to hold close. That is wider in later years so the felt is shorter and if put on an 80-86 truck you'll have the gap like that.

Look for 80-86 and you'll be good. :nabble_smiley_good: