Bullnose Forums

Aluminum Radiator and Water Pump - Zinc Anode?

ckuske

I saw reviews about the sticker being less than ideal. There are some anode caps on Amazon as well that look almost identical - maybe they are all just rebrands of the same cap?

https://www.amazon.com/Northern-Z17700-Sacrificial-Anode-Rad/dp/B005ASS0NQ/ref=sr_1_33?crid=10NMDG9MTLVS2&dchild=1&keywords=zinc+anode+radiator+cap&qid=1612563883&sprefix=zinc+anode+cap%2Caps%2C222&sr=8-33

I'd say that's a safe bet. Haven't put mine under pressure yet to know about any leaks.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that's a safe bet. Haven't put mine under pressure yet to know about any leaks.

You have a pressure tester right?

I got one from a shop that was closing down as the owners were retiring, they were throwing a bunch of stuff away and I have no adapters with mine but without the adapters you can still do all pre 1989 vehicles as the radiator caps were a standardized size.

Im thinking of buying a new one how ever cause they are great for finding leaks and if your cap is rated for 15 PSI for example and you pump it up to say 20 PSI if there is no leaks then you know you are safe. Ideally the way you are supposed to use them is pump up to the pressure rating on the cap. I personally always go 5 PSI higher than the cap which helps makes small slow leaks a little more pronounced.

You have a pressure tester right?

I got one from a shop that was closing down as the owners were retiring, they were throwing a bunch of stuff away and I have no adapters with mine but without the adapters you can still do all pre 1989 vehicles as the radiator caps were a standardized size.

Im thinking of buying a new one how ever cause they are great for finding leaks and if your cap is rated for 15 PSI for example and you pump it up to say 20 PSI if there is no leaks then you know you are safe. Ideally the way you are supposed to use them is pump up to the pressure rating on the cap. I personally always go 5 PSI higher than the cap which helps makes small slow leaks a little more pronounced.

I do and will have to give it a go once I finish flushing all the Thermocure out :nabble_smiley_good:

• 10 months later...