Bullnose Forums

New Old Ford Owner

spike_time

Hi there,

I've just bought a 1986 F-350 Standard Cab XLT Lariat 7.5L 4x4. Needs TLC, but a true "California" car, not a bit of rust. Call him "Big Blue". Sorry no pictures yet.

I end up here, trying to solve my first problem, a leaking dual tank valve.

I bought it because it reminds me of the trucked my dad bought to tow his 5th wheel back in the 80's. My mom and I believe it was even the same year. I've been working on cars, on and off all my life, but more recently finding things to work on during the forced virus internment and having the kids moving out. The first car that I worked on was a 1929 Model-A, which was my dad reliving his youth.

:nabble_waving_orig:

Yes, welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you if we had a city or zip.

Gotta see some pics. As you'll see in my signature, I have a truck I call Big Blue - because it is big and blue. It is an F350 wanna be, and with the D60/SD springs, and RSK it sits up high, but I'm curious how that compares to yours.

Yes, welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you if we had a city or zip.

Gotta see some pics. As you'll see in my signature, I have a truck I call Big Blue - because it is big and blue. It is an F350 wanna be, and with the D60/SD springs, and RSK it sits up high, but I'm curious how that compares to yours.

Home would be Tarzana, California (yes it is named after Tarzan) ;-)