Bullnose Forums

Car & Driver Test Of 1980 Bronco

As long as you give them credit as to where the info came from and who it belongs to, you'll be fine.

Ok, please check it out. Two ways to get to it:

• Documentation/Literature and then go to the bottom of the spreadsheet and click on the Other Publications tab then click on Car & Driver 1980 Bronco Test

• Documentation/Literature/Miscellaneous Literature/Car & Driver 1980 Bronco Test

Note that the link to View Photos takes you to the C&D site, but I have downloaded them as well so could put a tab up on that page with the pics.

Also, all of the links that are active on the C&D version of the page are currently active on the page saved here. I wonder if, over time, they'll go dead?

And the menu at the top is C&D's menu, as are the Subscribe and Sign In links. So other than our red CAR & DRIVER 1980 BRONCO TEST page name the page is pure C&D. And, if you right click and say View Page Source you can see all of the HTML that generates the page, including a statement of "Saved from URL" and then giving C&D's site. So, it is obvious from whence it came and nothing has been altered.

But, the page Is it Legal to Copy Content from a Website? says "Anything that enjoys copyright protection, whether it's rendered in ink or pixels, may not be copied or published elsewhere without the express (typically written) permission of the author." So, I'm fairly sure what I've done isn't legal.

Given that I've searched in the links provided and finally found a place to email and sent this:

I run a personal website dedicated to the 1980 - 86 Ford trucks.  It has no advertising nor fees and is all supported personally.

Recently I saw a Car & Driver test of a 1980 Bronco in the archives and want to ensure that it is preserved so I downloaded it and put it on my website on a page entitled Car & Driver 1980 Bronco Test.  I've not modified the HTML in any way and all of your advertising is still there.  But, I doubt that is legal, so I'm writing to get your view on that.

I'm happy to remove it and just provide a link to the original page if that is the better approach.

Thanks,

Gary

Personally I'm not sure I like all the advertising, but do like the fact that the page won't go away since we have it saved.

Your thoughts?

Ok, please check it out. Two ways to get to it:

• Documentation/Literature and then go to the bottom of the spreadsheet and click on the Other Publications tab then click on Car & Driver 1980 Bronco Test

• Documentation/Literature/Miscellaneous Literature/Car & Driver 1980 Bronco Test

Note that the link to View Photos takes you to the C&D site, but I have downloaded them as well so could put a tab up on that page with the pics.

Also, all of the links that are active on the C&D version of the page are currently active on the page saved here. I wonder if, over time, they'll go dead?

And the menu at the top is C&D's menu, as are the Subscribe and Sign In links. So other than our red CAR & DRIVER 1980 BRONCO TEST page name the page is pure C&D. And, if you right click and say View Page Source you can see all of the HTML that generates the page, including a statement of "Saved from URL" and then giving C&D's site. So, it is obvious from whence it came and nothing has been altered.

But, the page Is it Legal to Copy Content from a Website? says "Anything that enjoys copyright protection, whether it's rendered in ink or pixels, may not be copied or published elsewhere without the express (typically written) permission of the author." So, I'm fairly sure what I've done isn't legal.

Given that I've searched in the links provided and finally found a place to email and sent this:

I run a personal website dedicated to the 1980 - 86 Ford trucks.  It has no advertising nor fees and is all supported personally.

Recently I saw a Car & Driver test of a 1980 Bronco in the archives and want to ensure that it is preserved so I downloaded it and put it on my website on a page entitled Car & Driver 1980 Bronco Test.  I've not modified the HTML in any way and all of your advertising is still there.  But, I doubt that is legal, so I'm writing to get your view on that.

I'm happy to remove it and just provide a link to the original page if that is the better approach.

Thanks,

Gary

Personally I'm not sure I like all the advertising, but do like the fact that the page won't go away since we have it saved.

Your thoughts?

If they come back in an agreeable fashion I'd ask if they'd be ok with removing the ads and all the extra. Still have a link to their page and a copy of their consent (if given) but not be a direct copy of their page.

I could access it via the spreadsheet but am not seeing the second navigation option.

If they come back in an agreeable fashion I'd ask if they'd be ok with removing the ads and all the extra. Still have a link to their page and a copy of their consent (if given) but not be a direct copy of their page.

I could access it via the spreadsheet but am not seeing the second navigation option.

Removing the ads and all the extras would be a tedious chore. I'd have to learn/re-learn HTML to figure out what each of the over 2000 lines of coding is doing and which I can change or delete. :nabble_smiley_oh:

On the access via the 2nd approach, meaning Documentation/Literature/Miscellaneous Literature/Car & Driver 1980 Bronco Test, try refreshing your browser's page and then look.

Removing the ads and all the extras would be a tedious chore. I'd have to learn/re-learn HTML to figure out what each of the over 2000 lines of coding is doing and which I can change or delete. :nabble_smiley_oh:

On the access via the 2nd approach, meaning Documentation/Literature/Miscellaneous Literature/Car & Driver 1980 Bronco Test, try refreshing your browser's page and then look.

Looks like it was likely cached - on a different computer at the moment and it is showing :nabble_smiley_good:

• 1 month later...

Looks like it was likely cached - on a different computer at the moment and it is showing :nabble_smiley_good:

Catching up on old posts. Nice article. Yes, by today's standards, this old Bornco was prety crude. BUt that's not a bad thing.

In the late 80s, I have fullsize shortbed Dodge W100 Power Ram, with a slant six and the NP trans with granny low. OMG, that thing was slow as a glacier. But it would go anywhere it would fit. We pulled a race car to North Wilkesboro Speedway with it one weekend, with the U joints groaning with every revolution. These trucks may have been clunky and underpowered, but they rarely gave up.