Bullnose Forums

Car & Driver Test Of 1980 Bronco

Interesting read, but not all was praise.

Nor did it all make sense either...hanging a transfer case on an I-beam???...lol.

Quote:

"Ford's solution was again subtle, but effective: take the twin-I-beam setup from the conventional trucks and hang a redesigned (for lightness and improved efficiency) transfer case on one of them. Simple in concept, very expensive to engineer."

That is neat and even in b/w that Bronco is stunning. Maybe more so.

Kept going through the photos waiting to see 2 Marchal lights, then one, then none :nabble_smiley_beam:

Shaun - What do you see on Pic 21? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Scott - It looks like the mud was hard on the fog lights. Never understood placing them there.\

Scott - It looks like the mud was hard on the fog lights. Never understood placing them there.\

Question for y'all. How likely is that report to go away? I've downloaded it and am pretty sure I could put it on a page on the website/documentation. What do you think about starting to capture some things like that so this site is a central place for all things Bullnose?

Question for y'all. How likely is that report to go away? I've downloaded it and am pretty sure I could put it on a page on the website/documentation. What do you think about starting to capture some things like that so this site is a central place for all things Bullnose?

As long as that's "allowed" I think that would be great. An article with photos like that should be saved and where better to save it than here?

1980-only stainless trim ring and shift boot on the transfer case lever? I'll never understand why they ditched those, or why the boot was never listed in the MPC.

Scott - If it is put on the internet it is supposed to be fair game. I could try to contact C&D to get permission, but it will retain all their information, advertising, etc. Let me try it and we'll see what it looks like....

Shaun - Yep, that's it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Scott - If it is put on the internet it is supposed to be fair game. I could try to contact C&D to get permission, but it will retain all their information, advertising, etc. Let me try it and we'll see what it looks like....

Shaun - Yep, that's it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Maybe Car and Driver can send you something without all the advertising.