Bullnose Forums

New member with 2 trucks

Kevin - Welcome to the Bullnose Forum! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Those look like excellent projects, but the '80 looks like a bit more of a project than the '85. However, looks can be deceiving.

I'm tempted to ask what your plans are for each truck, but that could take a while and this is sort of an introduction thread. So, I have a couple of suggestions:

• Let's treat this as an intro thread and you tell us more about you, like where you are, what is going on with you, and maybe a little bit about your truck plans. And, with your approval, I suggest I move this thread to the New Members Start Here folder where most of the introductions are.

• Then, when it is convenient, you start a thread for each truck here in the main body of the forum, like you've done for this thread. That way you can document your plans, accomplishments, etc for each truck and have a record. Or, if they are short-term projects that you aren't keeping maybe just telling us about them in the What Have You Done To Your Truck Today thread.

Anyway, whatever you decide is fine. There is no set protocol for where things go, and this is your thread. GO FOR IT! :nabble_smiley_good:

Kevin - Welcome to the Bullnose Forum! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Those look like excellent projects, but the '80 looks like a bit more of a project than the '85. However, looks can be deceiving.

I'm tempted to ask what your plans are for each truck, but that could take a while and this is sort of an introduction thread. So, I have a couple of suggestions:

• Let's treat this as an intro thread and you tell us more about you, like where you are, what is going on with you, and maybe a little bit about your truck plans. And, with your approval, I suggest I move this thread to the New Members Start Here folder where most of the introductions are.

• Then, when it is convenient, you start a thread for each truck here in the main body of the forum, like you've done for this thread. That way you can document your plans, accomplishments, etc for each truck and have a record. Or, if they are short-term projects that you aren't keeping maybe just telling us about them in the What Have You Done To Your Truck Today thread.

Anyway, whatever you decide is fine. There is no set protocol for where things go, and this is your thread. GO FOR IT! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks sir, I don't mind you moving this thread. I am having problems navigating/finding items on the forum though.

Both trucks were one owner vehicles, the 1980 truck's owner passed and the truck sat on his land until it was purchased years later. The new land owners "messed with it" on the property. It has been non-op'd for a decade. The body is pretty beat up but I purchased new panels already.

The 1985 truck I picked up last week, it runs but the 6.9 has some noise in the motor somewhere. The original owner had the motor rebuilt and had a banks sidewinder installed about 4 years ago. I will be removing the headache rack from the truck. the truck is in very good shape.

The blue truck will retain the stock look, the brown truck will get a single color paint job and lift kit.

I live in the Central Valley of California so flat farm land and farm equipment are the norm here.

Thanks sir, I don't mind you moving this thread. I am having problems navigating/finding items on the forum though.

Both trucks were one owner vehicles, the 1980 truck's owner passed and the truck sat on his land until it was purchased years later. The new land owners "messed with it" on the property. It has been non-op'd for a decade. The body is pretty beat up but I purchased new panels already.

The 1985 truck I picked up last week, it runs but the 6.9 has some noise in the motor somewhere. The original owner had the motor rebuilt and had a banks sidewinder installed about 4 years ago. I will be removing the headache rack from the truck. the truck is in very good shape.

The blue truck will retain the stock look, the brown truck will get a single color paint job and lift kit.

I live in the Central Valley of California so flat farm land and farm equipment are the norm here.

Please don't "sir" me. I just happen to be crazy enough to have a forum and a website, not to mention a penchant for Bullnose trucks. But I'm just one of the guys.

So, tell me more about the problems finding things? I consider the view below the main page. And you can get to it by clicking the Gary's Garagemahal that pops into view when you scroll up or down.

So, let's assume I put this thread into the New Members Start Here folder shown below. To get to it click that folder's name and you'll see the threads/topics the other new members have started, with the newest at the top. You can click on any of them to read them, and when you want to go back you can go to the top and either click on the New Members Start Here link in the center, or click on the Bullnose Enthusiasts link to the left.

Does that help?

Forum_Main_Page.thumb.jpg.31fbbed68afa467e139808c0d7e80fe2.jpg

Please don't "sir" me. I just happen to be crazy enough to have a forum and a website, not to mention a penchant for Bullnose trucks. But I'm just one of the guys.

So, tell me more about the problems finding things? I consider the view below the main page. And you can get to it by clicking the Gary's Garagemahal that pops into view when you scroll up or down.

So, let's assume I put this thread into the New Members Start Here folder shown below. To get to it click that folder's name and you'll see the threads/topics the other new members have started, with the newest at the top. You can click on any of them to read them, and when you want to go back you can go to the top and either click on the New Members Start Here link in the center, or click on the Bullnose Enthusiasts link to the left.

Does that help?

Yes, that does help now. Thanks

Does that help?

But you're only a year younger than I am sir.

But you're only a year younger than I am sir.

Bill - Just like being home. I get no respect. (Sorry, Rodney.) :nabble_anim_blbl:

Kevin - Glad it helped. It isn't all that difficult, but takes a bit to "click". Let me know if you need more help or have questions.

Oh yes, Kevin. Would you like to be on the Member's Map? Give me a city and I'll put you on. Who knows, maybe you are close to Dyn Blin.

Bill - Just like being home. I get no respect. (Sorry, Rodney.) :nabble_anim_blbl:

Kevin - Glad it helped. It isn't all that difficult, but takes a bit to "click". Let me know if you need more help or have questions.

Oh yes, Kevin. Would you like to be on the Member's Map? Give me a city and I'll put you on. Who knows, maybe you are close to Dyn Blin.

I am in Lemoore. It's between Fresno and Bakersfield.

I am in Lemoore. It's between Fresno and Bakersfield.

You are now literally "on the map". But, you aren't all that close to Mark. At least we know where you are. And, by the way, the guys out west sometimes find really nice trucks for cheap, so let us know what you find. The eBay & Craigslist Finds folder is the place for those things.

Also, this forum is unusual in the way it notifies you of posts. You might want to read the Subscriptions thread on that. But I can send you a link in an email that will subscribe you if you'd like.