Bullnose Forums

Keeping Aluminum Looking New

Machspeed

If you have a hotplate or electric wok you can bring it right up to the azeotrope just a few hours.

It will work quickly when concentrated. :nabble_smiley_good:

Actually, I just went through this reservoir cleaning thing. Over a time period of a couple of weeks, I did everything I saw on Youtube to clean mine and was not 100% happy in how it came out. Ohhh, don't get me wrong, it's much much better but just not to my standards. Had I removed the top, might have come out a little better but I did not want to risk destroying it.

Reservoir_1.thumb.jpg.8ca32d7382e3f70588c5f706d4368aba.jpg

Reservoir2.thumb.jpg.17b82af4072dd3c53974e8572cdde9b2.jpg

Actually, I just went through this reservoir cleaning thing. Over a time period of a couple of weeks, I did everything I saw on Youtube to clean mine and was not 100% happy in how it came out. Ohhh, don't get me wrong, it's much much better but just not to my standards. Had I removed the top, might have come out a little better but I did not want to risk destroying it.

Did you use peroxide and OXY Clean? Heat? UV? Tell us more, please.

Peroxide, Oxy Clean, Bleach, rice, baking soda and a couple more coupled with hot water. No UV. I watched a half dozen vids on YouTube and after doing what they did, think some of it was bunk. I'm certain one guy subbed in a new reservoir. What you see is the absolute best I could get it without pulling the top.

I thought about putting it in our new Bosch dishwasher, as I am absolutely amazed at how that thing cleans. I've experimented with it in regards to difficult to clean items placed in different areas of the thing. Incredible! But.....wifey was always present and she'd kill me for putting an automotive part in HER dishwasher!

Peroxide, Oxy Clean, Bleach, rice, baking soda and a couple more coupled with hot water. No UV. I watched a half dozen vids on YouTube and after doing what they did, think some of it was bunk. I'm certain one guy subbed in a new reservoir. What you see is the absolute best I could get it without pulling the top.

I thought about putting it in our new Bosch dishwasher, as I am absolutely amazed at how that thing cleans. I've experimented with it in regards to difficult to clean items placed in different areas of the thing. Incredible! But.....wifey was always present and she'd kill me for putting an automotive part in HER dishwasher!

Thanks for the details, John. But UV does seem to be an essential component in whitening, so...

As for the dishwasher, which Bosch? We are looking for an 800 series but they've been on backorder for a while.

And, the old dishwasher is going out to the shop. :nabble_smiley_wink: