Bullnose Forums

Thoughts About High Tech In Vehicles

self driving vehicles in my opinion are a product of our lazy consumer society. Who the heck is so lazy they can't drive themselves somewhere? Okay okay...what if you can't drive? Well, call a taxi, or your mom. What is the point with all this self driving stuff? I don't want Chin Su Li in China being able to hack into my vehicle via satellite and run me into a lake for fun. Okay...that is probably unrealistic, however, what happens when AI gets so smart it can control everything? I'd rather have an old car running on gas and points, and have a faraday box around the coil. AINT NOBODY GUNNA GET ME THEN!!!

ai.jpg.7ce8fe7386439696b92e18e025b71dea.jpg

self driving vehicles in my opinion are a product of our lazy consumer society. Who the heck is so lazy they can't drive themselves somewhere? Okay okay...what if you can't drive? Well, call a taxi, or your mom. What is the point with all this self driving stuff? I don't want Chin Su Li in China being able to hack into my vehicle via satellite and run me into a lake for fun. Okay...that is probably unrealistic, however, what happens when AI gets so smart it can control everything? I'd rather have an old car running on gas and points, and have a faraday box around the coil. AINT NOBODY GUNNA GET ME THEN!!!

This data tracking really scares me. I've been seriously considering going low-tech with everything again. This is a very interesting article about data tracking

http://thechive.com/2018/03/28/shocking-amount-of-data-google-and-facebook-have/

ai.jpg

Oh I forgot, DRONES....If they can't shut down my car....they'll blow me up....oh well may as well get a Tesla then...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we are being tracked. Both my wife and I've had experiences where we've looked at something in a store, like Walmart, and then gotten home and have adverts on Facebook for that thing. We didn't Google it, we didn't email about it, and we didn't take a pic of it. But it showed up.

So, call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think we are being tracked more than we think.

You ARE being tracked in some stores. There are devices that will track you through the store to know what you are looking at using your wifi/bluetooth on your phone.

Typically this data is used to improve store layouts but not impossible that some stores would sell this info.

I do have a newer vehicle as a daily driver - a 2013 Toyota Matrix. It doesn't have any big fancy features in it, but of course it uses drive-by-wire, electronic power steering etc. I find I prefer the driving experience of these great trucks to any modern vehicle with a million buttons, TPMS, etc.