Bullnose Forums

Hi all, new member

Bullyextcab83

Hi all,

Just a quick hello. I'm Scott and this is my 83 f150 extended cab short bed 2wd. I've been lucky enough to have her involved in some film work and at the moment I'm trying to sort out small rust patches and just clean the truck up in general.

Does anyone have chassis measurements?

The end of one of my chassis rails at the front has a slight bend in it and I would like to have it straightened of possible but need measurements to work off.

IMG_20180706_135544.thumb.jpg.591d9ac54371b25655d939eb4d748796.jpg IMG_20201027_203835.thumb.jpg.3198125ecf59e4ab1fe8a25171704018.jpg

Welcome!

Film work? Anything publicly available?

I believe Gary will have some measurements for you as he did some frame work on his project. If not, there is another member that recently changed the horns that might have them.

The only thing that is out that it was in is wonder woman 1984. But you don't see it unfortunately as it was a night scene and parked down the street.

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully someone will be along soon who can advise

IMG_20201027_203835.thumb.jpg.6aa69216e56aacee1ed8b60230b313d7.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Matt was just telling me about you and your truck. He's going to hit you with this: Documentation/Literature/1985 Literature/Body Builder's Layout Book.

What part of the UK are you in? Used to live in Moor Park, and I'm betting you don't know where it is. The penultimate stop on the Metropolitan line. :nabble_smiley_cool:

As for the frame, start reading my tome here. Not sure how far your frame is out, but I straightened mine.

And let's get those pics in here where people can enjoy them:

IMG_20180706_135544.jpg.693ffc2acf363a2ccf5fbcd01acd50aa.jpg

IMG_20201027_203835.jpg.8c399a10de606f2afd245b114d7e10a1.jpg

The only thing that is out that it was in is wonder woman 1984. But you don't see it unfortunately as it was a night scene and parked down the street.

Seen or not, knowing that it was in a big budget film like that is a neat story to have!

Yea it was an awesome experience! And I stood feet away from Gal.

That has lead on to me doing driving work for film/TV occasionally on mostly big budget stuff but some small.

I spent 3 days on the Salisbury plain with the truck but never got used.

And the truck is in the next Jurassic world movie. I'm told it's directly in shot but I wasn't there so can't be sure

Welcome! Glad you joined. Matt was just telling me about you and your truck. He's going to hit you with this: Documentation/Literature/1985 Literature/Body Builder's Layout Book.

What part of the UK are you in? Used to live in Moor Park, and I'm betting you don't know where it is. The penultimate stop on the Metropolitan line. :nabble_smiley_cool:

As for the frame, start reading my tome here. Not sure how far your frame is out, but I straightened mine.

And let's get those pics in here where people can enjoy them:

Hi Gary,

Thanks for that. Yea I had no idea where that was! I'm near Cambridge so not too far from London.

Cool, I'll check the links out.

It looks like maybe an inch or so but it's hard to say. The slam panel still fits though, I actually fitted a new one the other year and never noticed it