Bullnose Forums

Super low mileage 80 Flareside

I always find these little "yard trucks" interesting when they pop up for sale. This one isn't cheap, but it's original and super low miles.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/1980-ford-shortbed-stepside/6555420947.html

A friend of mine picked up a couple little Dodge trucks like this a few years ago. They were yard trucks at a paper mill and had never been driven on public roads. They weren't mint by any means, but they were very low mileage. I think he got them for a couple hundred bucks each at an auction.

You are right - it isn't cheap. But I'd bet you could drive it home. And you couldn't recreate it for that price.

Yeah, it looks really nice and original. I have no idea what it's actual street value is, but if one has lots of time, there's no harm in starting with a really high price to see what shakes loose. I really like that color green...I remember seeing a lot of Bullnose trucks in that color back in the 80's.

You are right - it isn't cheap. But I'd bet you could drive it home. And you couldn't recreate it for that price.

Yeah, it looks really nice and original. I have no idea what it's actual street value is, but if one has lots of time, there's no harm in starting with a really high price to see what shakes loose. I really like that color green...I remember seeing a lot of Bullnose trucks in that color back in the 80's.

They may have time. The pics were taken almost 4 years ago, so they were thinking about or trying to sell it then.

They may have time. The pics were taken almost 4 years ago, so they were thinking about or trying to sell it then.

Or the date on their obviously outdated camera isn't set right. Who still takes pictures with a camera these days? I thought that's what cells phones are for. lol

:nabble_smiley_grin:

Who still takes pictures with a camera these days? I thought that's what cells phones are for. lol

The same kind of people that are still driving 40 year old pickup trucks?...lol.

Good point though. I actually haven't seen a digital camera in quite a long time now. My old retired Canon is still sitting in a desk drawer, and I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it...lol.

Who still takes pictures with a camera these days? I thought that's what cells phones are for. lol

The same kind of people that are still driving 40 year old pickup trucks?...lol.

Good point though. I actually haven't seen a digital camera in quite a long time now. My old retired Canon is still sitting in a desk drawer, and I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it...lol.

We got a nice Nikon for a wedding gift 9 years ago. We wore it out the first three years. Once we got a smart phone with a camera in it as good as the Nikon its just been collecting dust.

We got a nice Nikon for a wedding gift 9 years ago. We wore it out the first three years. Once we got a smart phone with a camera in it as good as the Nikon its just been collecting dust.

I have a whizbang Nikon DSLR and several lenses and have taken it all over the world taking pics - none of which I've used. But the one's I've taken on my phone have been posted to FaceBook. So, on our next trip I'm just taking my new iPhone X which has a really good camera.

However, for pics I'm going to post on here I use a Nikon point-and-shoot camera dumbed down to take 1 megapixel pics. That way I don't have to edit every pic before I post it.

I have a whizbang Nikon DSLR and several lenses and have taken it all over the world taking pics - none of which I've used. But the one's I've taken on my phone have been posted to FaceBook. So, on our next trip I'm just taking my new iPhone X which has a really good camera.

However, for pics I'm going to post on here I use a Nikon point-and-shoot camera dumbed down to take 1 megapixel pics. That way I don't have to edit every pic before I post it.

Again another Flareside with "the dents".....:nabble_smiley_unhappy: