Bullnose Forums

What seat base is this?

CRittaler

That would seem to align with the inside vs outside of the reinforcement rail (driver outers). :nabble_smiley_good:

Ducked outside again to take some measurements. First I lined up the driver front mount with the dimple, then measured the inner rear offset from the seat belt.

Front point aligned with the dimple

IMG_20210117_184413_DRO.png.0976a6d04ff056f8860a2fd6eab71f51.png

Offset from seat belt bolt

IMG_20210117_184512_DRO.png.dafce5c9c322c0828adeec1ef81c03cd.png

Outer rear

IMG_20210117_184623_DRO.png.eed149bfdcd7443413d2a049dbd4f8f0.png

Outer front

IMG_20210117_184652_DRO.png.281138aeafd3fdf2287e7c73e3febca1.png

I then aligned the inner rear as best I could to Scotts measurement of 3 7/8" offset from the seatbelt and took pictures of the other mounting points

Offset from seat belt

IMG_20210117_184801_DRO.png.4b11abab30bff420f3f2596b450eddb4.png

Front inner. Note it's not aligned with the dimple now.

IMG_20210117_184838_DRO.png.8899cb5186c09b1dd12cb12a3029f340.png

Front outer

IMG_20210117_184858_DRO.png.5659df594349cdba532d70d95dfb3150.png

Rear outer

IMG_20210117_184922_DRO.png.9dee6abb8a08969a42a49b7ac1cfc4d9.png

I would like to make some observations. With both Scotts setting and aligning the front bolt with the dimples the seat appears to be slightly off center from the steering wheel, slightly outboard. My shop is too small for me to be able to get a good picture through the front windshield but I will try tomorrow.

When the seat is setup using my factory bench holes it looks properly centered. I don't know if this is an optical illusion or what.

I would also like to bring attention to the rectangular divots in the front and rear outer pictures. These appear to be used for locating the additional reinforcement in Scotts pictures.

Scott, if it's not too much trouble, can you measure the offset of the outer bolts to the rectangular divots in the floor? I'm assuming the carpet is out of the truck you've been measuring.

Ducked outside again to take some measurements. First I lined up the driver front mount with the dimple, then measured the inner rear offset from the seat belt.

Front point aligned with the dimple

Offset from seat belt bolt

Outer rear

Outer front

I then aligned the inner rear as best I could to Scotts measurement of 3 7/8" offset from the seatbelt and took pictures of the other mounting points

Offset from seat belt

Front inner. Note it's not aligned with the dimple now.

Front outer

Rear outer

I would like to make some observations. With both Scotts setting and aligning the front bolt with the dimples the seat appears to be slightly off center from the steering wheel, slightly outboard. My shop is too small for me to be able to get a good picture through the front windshield but I will try tomorrow.

When the seat is setup using my factory bench holes it looks properly centered. I don't know if this is an optical illusion or what.

I would also like to bring attention to the rectangular divots in the front and rear outer pictures. These appear to be used for locating the additional reinforcement in Scotts pictures.

Scott, if it's not too much trouble, can you measure the offset of the outer bolts to the rectangular divots in the floor? I'm assuming the carpet is out of the truck you've been measuring.

Sorry Chris - these photos have been from my 86 which is carpeted + heat/sound deadener. I was around my parts trucks today and crawled under the Supercabs but they both came with benches so don't really help with anything.

Regardless of lining up with the steering wheel, I see no reason not to use the two outers that line up. No reason to drill new holes if not necessary.

Sorry Chris - these photos have been from my 86 which is carpeted + heat/sound deadener. I was around my parts trucks today and crawled under the Supercabs but they both came with benches so don't really help with anything.

Regardless of lining up with the steering wheel, I see no reason not to use the two outers that line up. No reason to drill new holes if not necessary.

No worries! I was going to use the holes that lined up anyways, I was just looking for completeness for our measurements to determine if there is a 3rd floor pan style.

I'm expecting my Noico sound deadening to come tomorrow, that's part of why I've been digging into this so much. I don't want to have to put the busted bench (driver side doesn't fold) back in just to pull it out again.

From what I've been seeing, it looks like the only offset is the driver side outers being slightly inset from yours. On the pictures of the passenger side the rear outers appear to be inline, left to right, but offset forward for the captains seats. I'll verify this either later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again for the pictures!

No worries! I was going to use the holes that lined up anyways, I was just looking for completeness for our measurements to determine if there is a 3rd floor pan style.

I'm expecting my Noico sound deadening to come tomorrow, that's part of why I've been digging into this so much. I don't want to have to put the busted bench (driver side doesn't fold) back in just to pull it out again.

From what I've been seeing, it looks like the only offset is the driver side outers being slightly inset from yours. On the pictures of the passenger side the rear outers appear to be inline, left to right, but offset forward for the captains seats. I'll verify this either later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again for the pictures!

Went ahead and drilled the holes.

For the driver side I used the factory outer bench holes, tightened the seat down and drilled some pilot holes before removing the seat and pushing the step drill through.

For the rear inner I'm going to have to get under the truck and notch the seatbelt brace so that I can clear the nut. For the front I'll use a large fender washer probably glued in place with some automotive adhesive and a lock washer and nut.

Driver side rear inner. Bolt catches the edge of the seatbelt bracket.

IMG_20210119_212439_9.jpg.4a95fb498c352a950deaa1039050c531.jpg

Driver side front inner.

IMG_20210119_212533_1.jpg.3527407102be52e5a752a898f8ff07f4.jpg

For the passenger side the outer front lined up with the bracket. The rear outer was directly in line with the factory bracket.

Offset on passenger side from the factory rear outer mount.

IMG_20210119_205805_DRO.png.da369e15ab3f992442b7d92325ae988a.png

I couldn't get pictures of the other mounts from underneath because of the heat shields. I'll have to figure out how they come off so I can get under there. Might even have to take my welder out of the box and tack the nuts in place.

My next plan is to examine the driver side slider to see if it can be modified to slide further forward to allow easier access to the back. I'm a tall fat guy and the passenger side was a very tight squeeze to get back there.